Windows 10: Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games

Discus and support Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since approximately a month ago I've been fighting an issue that is very noticeable and very VERY annoying, specially when playing games, computer with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanyelaOfTamriel, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games

Since approximately a month ago I've been fighting an issue that is very noticeable and very VERY annoying, specially when playing games, computer with every little graphical effort stutters, no matter if is a video or a game, and it affects game playability, but the strange of this problem is that it appeared with no apparent reason, I attribute it to the specific event of Windows asking to install newst update the one from november 2019, Windows started to ask this in the second or third week of december, and since it began to ask my pc started to show this issue, I've tried reinstalling Windows, shutting off background processes, scanning for malware with zero encounters with differents antivirus, doing ram diagnostic with no results, doing windows image diagnostic and restoration, reinstalling updates and none of them fixed the problem, I don't know what else to do. I would be very very grateful if someone could help me.

Thanks Microsoft Community, I'll be active to this thread.

PS: Don't know if this has anything to do with it, but my fan was very noisy, but it began to be silent at the same time this issue appeared, like I said I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but never hurts to mention it.

:)

DanyelaOfTamriel, Jan 18, 2020

2. Video and gaming stutter

Ok I have updated to win 10 from 8.1 and since all my videos I watch and games I play stutter. They will be playing fine then do it again about every 30 seconds or so. I'm running an amd r9 280x 3gb gpu. Any help?

JonathanOrizetti, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Micro stutter while playing games

The only game I play is Dark souls 3, which is not a very intensive graphic game. When I start to play, right away, the microstutters starts to happen. It "freezes" microsecond, for every 5 seconds that passes. It's incredibly annoying and ruins the gameplay.
    I heard from other forums that windows 10 sends a large amount of data back to its servers and that is the cause of the micro stutters. So I downloaded the windows tweaker to fix that. It did work a month ago but now with the update that just happened yesterday
    (5/10/16) the stutters will not go away even with the tweak.

Did anyone else find a solution?

PhillipKim101, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games

YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so. The frame-rate between these stutters is okay, but the stuttering itself is what's bothering me.

So first off, I tried using task manager/Process Manager 2 to set Google Chrome's priority to high and permanently keep it every time I launch it, didn't work. I set the priorities of other programs that used my PC's performance as much or close to how Chrome used, still didn't work. Set Chrome's priority to real-time: didn't noticed any stuttering fortunately but the problem was replaced with audio issues so I set it back to high.

I also tried using Razer Cortex's game boost feature and stop processes that I didn't need when playing chrome, or games for that matter, and I still didn't noticed any differences.

So I looked to Chrome itself and see what I can do to it to help. I searched a few popular YouTube enhancers on the Chrome Store and tried them, but no differences are what I saw. I looked on forums online via Google Search to see if other people had similar issues and I found some suggestions, however these didn't work out either. Disabling hardware acceleration only made the difference of reducing frame-rate, I don't how Flash or HTML 5 playback works, and I don't know if the issue is a hardware or networking issue.

I tried speedtest.net to see if I have any internet issues and so far, I had a download speed of approx. 90mb/s and an upload speed of approx. 12mb/s.

I also don't know if hardware's of concern:

Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games [​IMG]

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

ACMDogfight1997, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games

1. Computer Stuttering every 5 seconds specially when viewing videos or playing games - Similar Threads - Computer Stuttering every

2. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  3. Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.: After a recent windows update when I try to play a video I have downloaded using either the photos or the films and tv app the video won't play for the first 5 seconds and I'm not able to pause or fast forward the video. After that time passes the video will start playing...
  4. Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos won't play for first 5 seconds.: After a recent windows update when I try to play a video I have downloaded using either the photos or the films and tv app the video won't play for the first 5 seconds and I'm not able to pause or fast forward the video. After that time passes the video will start playing...
  5. PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games: Ok so to start off and describe what is going on, as of recently my laptop has seemed to be acting weird and It's getting extremely irritating. An issue has appeared out of nowhere that has been causing my screen to freeze for a split second when doing certain things on my...
  6. PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games

PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games: Ok so to start off and describe what is going on, as of recently my laptop has seemed to be acting weird and It's getting extremely irritating. An issue has appeared out of nowhere that has been causing my screen to freeze for a split second when doing certain things on my...
  7. PC Freezing/Stuttering When Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  9. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video pausing every 3-5 seconds: Hey!I've had my Lenovo Thinkpad L15 for about a year or so, and in the past couple of days I have had problems with streaming videos. Every 3-5 seconds it pauses without me touching anything. Sometimes it restarts without me touching it either. This is the case no matter what...
  10. Video pausing every 3-5 seconds