Windows 10: Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect.

Discus and support Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My screen has been fragmenting for a while i'd say like 3 months and it wasn't anything huge until recently. Now my screen will seize up and spaz for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Goblynn-, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Goblynn- Win User

Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect.

My screen has been fragmenting for a while i'd say like 3 months and it wasn't anything huge until recently. Now my screen will seize up and spaz for a moment before returning to a usable state. Outputs function normally in this frozen period. This happens almost every 1-3 seconds. My laptop is older 2013 and I've had to have the motherboard replaced twice. Fried it twice : I've tried to do a clean boot to see if it was system interruptions. I have also tried to update my display software but there are no more available updates. Should I try a new graphics card or just try to get a new computer?

:)

Goblynn-, Dec 16, 2020

2. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided
    me with a fix and it seemed to have worked for about a day. But just now my computer decided to freeze on me again while I walked away for a minute. This has been happening since January and it's really frustrating when I have to force reboot my computer 8
    times a day. There was a solution about disabling the HPET. I followed this and it seemed to have worked on the majority of the stutters. There are still little stutters that occur and like I said it froze just now. There was something about using CMD to change
    the clock that the computer uses for timer. I tried that but CMD won't accept the command bcedit. If someone could please help me with this issue it will be much appreciated.

Here's the link to the previous post I made.

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Megatonkick91, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Computer stuttering then freezing

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and update.

Suggest you to let us know the details of that update after which you started experiencing these issues.

Follow these steps to open the “view update history” screen:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.

• Click on Windows Update.

You will find “view update history” option in the left panel.

Further if you notice a similar trend in performance issues over different computers then you may also leave a feedback using the Feedback app.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 16, 2020
  4. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

Thema:

1. Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect. - Similar Threads - Computer stuttering freezing

2. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  3. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stutters and then freezes: Hey, so I am a pretty tech-savvy guy, but I have had a recurring issue now for about a year now. So in my usage scenario, I am a gamer in my downtime and a full-time content creator and video editor professionally.My specs: I run an AMD5800x processor, an RTX 3070gpu, 4TB...
  4. Computer stutters and then freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, whenever I turn on my computer for the day and use it for a few minutes almost every time it just freezes and crashes, I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it for a bit...
  6. Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and sound stutters then crashes: Hey, for a while I have had problems with my computer and nothing seems to fix it, whenever I turn on my computer for the day and use it for a few minutes almost every time it just freezes and crashes, I changed my os from an HDD to SSD a while ago and that fixed it for a bit...
  7. Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer stuttering, freezing, fragmenting, ect.: My screen has been fragmenting for a while i'd say like 3 months and it wasn't anything huge until recently. Now my screen will seize up and spaz for a moment before returning to a usable state. Outputs function normally in this frozen period. This happens almost every 1-3...
  8. Computer stuttering and eventually freezing

Computer stuttering and eventually freezing: Hello. So my computer has been stuttering then eventually freezing while using the computer. Funny thing is it does this when I am using a web browser and not when I am gaming. Or sometimes it just does it on it's own. WilliamDz provided me with a fix and it seemed to have...
  9. Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing

Computer Stuttering Eventually Freezing: Hello. So this started to happen back in January of this year. But since it didn't occur that often I let the issue go, but recently it's been getting very bad where I had to force reboot my computer 8 times a day. Back in Jan we switched ISP and my computer started to...
  10. Computer freezeing/stuttering

Computer freezeing/stuttering: So the last couple days ive been having issues with my pc. when playing games or just browsing reddit after a while i would go from 144 fps in a game to hard stuck 1fps. Even after alt f4ing the game my computer would get micro freezes and id be basically unable to do...