Windows 10: computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

Discus and support computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have an extra monitor and when I hook it up it causes my computer to freeze every 2 seconds for about a second but ONLY when I move my mouse, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tonie Tha Tiger, Aug 20, 2018.

1. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

So I have an extra monitor and when I hook it up it causes my computer to freeze every 2 seconds for about a second but ONLY when I move my mouse, if I keep my mouse still it works fine, iv tried unhooking the main monitor to see if it would do that on just the extra monitor but it works fine also. It only happens when both are being used and I move the mouse, iv tried putting them on the same refresh rate and resoulion and iv put them on different refresh rate and resolution and neither help.

:)

Tonie Tha Tiger, Aug 20, 2018

2. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Computer keeps stuttering

Hello. My computer keeps stuttering every 4 seconds. And it stutters the audio and my game. Sometimes when I type or watch a video. Even my mouse. I don't know how to fix it.

jamesgarth, Aug 20, 2018
  4. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

2nd Moniter

I updated my computer and lost the ability to use the second moniter...HELP!

Gregory K.Adams, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

1. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse - Similar Threads - computer stuttering second

2. My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse: Hello, my pc stutters when i dont move my mouse. It's only started doing this recently, and it starts to stutter after about 10 to 15 seconds. When it stutters, the video output lags and doesn't catch up with what im'm doing, but the audio is fine.Here are my system's...
  3. My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 11 computer stutters when i DON'T move my mouse: Hello, my pc stutters when i dont move my mouse. It's only started doing this recently, and it starts to stutter after about 10 to 15 seconds. When it stutters, the video output lags and doesn't catch up with what im'm doing, but the audio is fine.Here are my system's...
  4. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  5. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  6. Performance stutters when I connect my USB mouse. Only restarting the computer fixes the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Performance stutters when I connect my USB mouse. Only restarting the computer fixes the...: Hi I have noticed this while playing StarCraft 2, the only game that I play and have on my system. When my wireless mouse's (Razer Mamba Wireless) low battery indicator starts flashing, I connect it to the USB cable to recharge it and right after that performance in SC2...
  7. Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.: I really need help with this problem. Also, when I am playing Fortinte, when I open my inventory my whole computer starts to stutter and lag. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue. I have tried everything that I could, but no luck. Please help....
  8. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?: I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated! Edit: Just to...
  9. Computer will not detect second moniter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer will not detect second moniter: I bought a cheap Insignia tv to connect to my Dell touch screen computer to better see building plans. I plug the HMDI cable port to port and go to discover device in display setting and get no device found. I have set the tv to both ports , any advise ?...
  10. 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast: Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade). I notice when I have a game in 4k, and I move my mouse slow.. the game doesn't stutter, but if I zip my mouse around quickly, the game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. rust dump files every 2 seconds

2. pc stutters after unhooking second monitor from pc

3. my computer stutters when hooked up to external monitor