Windows 10: Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

Discus and support Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Arya_Babul, May 3, 2022.

1. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up, and once I signed in, all of my apps were running slowly and have been ever since. I am also unable to adjust my brightness, it is stuck at full. I have tried many things, like restarting the system several times, running virus scans, resetting my graphics card, anything I could find, but nothing has changed. Any help is appreciated.My specsComputer suddenly became slow, don't know why :processor IntelR CoreTM i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.11 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 7.80 GB usable Dev

:)

Arya_Babul, May 3, 2022

2. don't know what the problem is, but computer is really slow :[

Were you on SP3 even before the slowing-down problems started?

If not, I suggest you do a re-install using only SP2.

SP3 had some issues with AMD processors... (mainly consisting of pc rebooting, I dunno if you're getting that stuff as well?)

Black Panther, May 3, 2022
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, May 3, 2022
  4. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

Computer suddenly extremely slow and non responsive

Yesterday I suddenly got a warning message on my W10 computer stating that it was running very short of memory and that I should close everything and restart it. Can´t remember if it said something else as well.

I went to restart the computer and it took forever to shut down and restart. Also then rendering Chrome took forever. I started Task Manager (also took forever...) to try and see what was going on, and above all to see what status the memory was in and strangely
    enough it was not very low at all, most of the time around 50%. So, I don´t understand the warning I got, and what is happening.

I literary couldn´t do anything at all on the computer so I called it a night. When I turned on my computer this morning everything is acting the same way as yesterday. It took around half an hour to start the computer and have Chrome up and running. Now
    it doesn´t even react to some commands, or extremely slow.

Task Manager shows no high CPU nor low memory (still around 50%). There is also enough space on the hard drive.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be going on and what can be done?

I have a feeling that I ought to make a backup of my essential data. What is usually the most important files/folders one has to back up? Sorry, but I don´t know a whole lot on what to do when it comes to things like this. Guess I have been spared...so far.

I´d really appreciate any help in this matter!

santamonica, May 3, 2022
Thema:

Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

1. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly became

2. Today, my PC suddently became slow. And I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Today, my PC suddently became slow. And I don't know why.: Today, a game operating system steam Broke for me, I tried multiple methods which included updating my drivers. I have a fairly good PC, so I'm unsure why it's running so slowly when it comes to games. Yesterday it was working just fine. Anyways, I fixed it via some method...
  3. Today, my PC suddently became slow. And I don't know why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today, my PC suddently became slow. And I don't know why.: Today, a game operating system steam Broke for me, I tried multiple methods which included updating my drivers. I have a fairly good PC, so I'm unsure why it's running so slowly when it comes to games. Yesterday it was working just fine. Anyways, I fixed it via some method...
  4. Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why

Computer suddenly became slow, don't know why: About a week ago, my computer was fine and I couldn't see anything wrong with it. One day, when I opened my computer, it took a long time to start up, and once I signed in, all of my apps were running slowly and have been ever since. I am also unable to adjust my brightness,...
  5. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  7. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  8. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  9. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC suddenly became dangerously slow!: I play mostly PC games, my PC can run them quite well I have 0 issues since I built it a couple years ago. I work in the evenings, so when I turned my PC to go to work, I came home later that night to realise my PC suddenly became super slow, I have an SSD and it takes about...