Windows 10: computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage

Discus and support computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this problem is difficult to explain but here it goes: My computer suddenly crashes whenever a lot of data is going into or out of it. I'm not sure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fiery badger, Jun 28, 2020.

1. computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage

this problem is difficult to explain but here it goes:

My computer suddenly crashes whenever a lot of data is going into or out of it. I'm not sure if it's specific to either uploading info or downloading info but it seems to be more closely tied to downloading and it seems as if it simply runs out of some kind of space and then crashes. This happens when I'm using files from Google Drive, playing online games, and sometimes just browsing the internet. I'm using the Chrome browser. After my computer crashes I have to switch my wireless USB to a different slot for the internet to work again.
    Things I've tried:

• All the hardware jiggling pulling out the RAM and video card and putting them back in
    • Upgrading my PSU
    • Unplugging my onboard wifi card this seemed to help but not for long
    • Reinstalling Windows
    • Removing Norton Antivirus this seemed to be a big help, the PC crashes a lot less, but still more than I like
    • Reinstalling Google Drive this also helped, after I'd removed Norton Antivirus
    • Using different browsers no change there
    • Updating my BIOS
    • Changing my power settings tried almost every possible combination at this point

I feel like I am missing something really simple and cannot find a way around it.

:)

fiery badger, Jun 28, 2020
  2. tiggeroz Win User

Internet Explorer Crashing

Hi - I seem to have this issue but am not quite as smart as you so am not sure how to apply your fix :-(... could you please provide an idiot's guide / step by step explanation? Thanks a million.

tiggeroz, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    internet explore 11 on my laptop (win 10) is crashing and unable to restore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I would suggest you to run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter which would tell us the reason behind the issue.

Follow these steps to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

I would also suggest you to refer to the following article and follow the steps given except resetting Internet Explorer. It has various steps to resolve the issue related to Internet Explorer performance.

What to do when Internet Explorer stops working.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/internet-explorer/ie-crashes-stops-working#ie=ie-11

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 28, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage

1. computer suddenly crashing seems to be related to internet usage - Similar Threads - computer suddenly crashing

2. Computer Suddenly Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Suddenly Crashing: My computer seems to suddenly crash, then restart. I am not sure what is causing the issue. Here are my specs and the Event Viewer from around the time of the crash. I have no idea what is causing the issue, so I included a link to the Event Viewer below to see if that would...
  3. Computer Suddenly Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Suddenly Crashing: My computer seems to suddenly crash, then restart. I am not sure what is causing the issue. Here are my specs and the Event Viewer from around the time of the crash. I have no idea what is causing the issue, so I included a link to the Event Viewer below to see if that would...
  4. PC Crash Seemingly Audio Related

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Crash Seemingly Audio Related: Hi All,I have recently encountered a problem with consistent crashes which I cant seem to get to the bottom of.When using 3.5mm jack audio on my speakers, seemingly randomly the sound will repeat about twice a second, then the screen freezes, then the pc either dies or...
  5. Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys: Hi all, I have been facing some BSOD errors for quite some time now, have tried multiple things but nothing worked for me so far. The errors are random and occur with no pattern they are not frequent but I face them maybe twice a week randomly. I tried installing...
  6. Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys

Computer Crash related to ntdll.sys: Hey everyone - once in a while on startup my system BSODs, and today I decided I wanted to figure out why. Thank you for any help that you're able to provide! Here is the link to the mini-dump file zipped: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw4if5e495iuyov/111520-8250-01.zip?dl=0...
  7. Computer Crash Related to ntdll.sys

Computer Crash Related to ntdll.sys: System Information local Computer name: DESKTOP-H2UO6H5 Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\Windows Hardware: HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs1xxx, HP, 84C1 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz 8664, level: 6 8 logical...
  8. Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer slow - seems related to Microsoft programs: Over the last few days, my computer has nearly completely stopped working. Takes about 30 minutes or more to boot up. Started when I noted that none of the Microsoft office products appeared to be working. Have tried to "Repair" but that is not working. Have erased all...
  9. Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.: My development laptop has been having trouble recently when working with anything that requires a fair amount of graphics processing power (Unreal Engine, gaming, etc). Performance also seems somewhat worse, but it may be related to whatever is failing. The actual blue screen...
  10. Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Random crashes and (seemingly) related issues: I've been experiencing for a while an issue where my laptop will randomly freeze completely. At that point I'm left with no alternative but to hard reboot the laptop by holding the power button. Usually when this happens, any sound that might have been playing will freeze as...