Windows 10: Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical...

Discus and support Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. Completely out of the blue, after leaving my computer idle to go eat dinner I came back to a frozen computer, no response to input or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JennMinkus, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical...

Hi. Completely out of the blue, after leaving my computer idle to go eat dinner I came back to a frozen computer, no response to input or anything Ctrl-Alt-Delete, no response on any LEDs or anything. I restart it thinking it's no big deal random issues like this tend to happen occasionally. When I start it back up, I try to boot up a game. The game begins stuttering a lot, along with crackly audio which obviously doesn't normally happen. Worried, I shut off the game and right after I do, my PC freezes again. I start it up again and decide to just kinda sit there for a bit after it has a chance to start up and maybe see if I can fiddle with some things to find a solution. Again, not too long after everything's started up and apropos of nothing it freezes. Tried a few more times and it froze up before anything had a chance to open, and also froze a few times on the Acer boot screen. Since then I've tried a few things like defaulting BIOS settings, booting into safe mode which it ran fine in but I'm not sure how to further isolate the problem from there, and letting Windows attempt to resolve disk issues and nothing has worked. Before I resort to a system restore or opening it up and playing with the wires I'm hoping I'm missing some easy quick fix?

:)

JennMinkus, Oct 20, 2020

2. Audio Crackling

Hi,

Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle.

I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle.

What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling.

Another problem is that after the freeze, my network connection is lost.

I have an external sound card (Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen) which I thought was the issue - but it also happens from the audio output of the motherboard.

I tried reinstalling the motherboard drivers, the GPU drivers, and my network card drivers, none of these helped.

I am really frustrated with this situation and I am really at a loss.

Hope someone could help me with this...

JonathanAgmon1, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Audio Crackling

Recently, I've noticed that the audio with my speakers and headphones is "crackling". It doesn't seem to matter what the volume is set at, nor what program I'm running. If I'm playing a game, the audio crackles. If I'm listening to music, the audio crackles.
    I've tried downloading/updating my audio drivers, but nothing seems to help.

JordanBanfield, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical...

Crackling audio. Skyrim + other games

USB headphones have never been kind to me. They always hiss, pop and crackle. The fact that you can hear it when no audio is being played suggests it's a power /connection issue.

Do you have any 3.5mm or RCA based headphones you can try?

newconroer, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical...

1. Computer suddenly freezing soon after startup, accompanied by audio crackling and graphical... - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly freezing

2. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  3. audio crackling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio crackling: i have my headphones plugged in through my xbox controller so i can use the microphone aswell. all i hear is crackling after roughly 10 seconds of plugging them in. also when ever i change a setting they go back to normall then start crackling. any fixes?...
  4. Crackling audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling audio: A while back I began having crackling audio (mainly in browsers) and eventually I just deleted the audio driver I was using (Realtek). which fixed it for a day. then the crackling returned, but only in browsers. I can't seem to find any fixes that don't require me to leave my...
  5. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Crackling: I'm hearing this crackling sound coming from my headphones and speakers whenever a sound plays. I've tried other pairs of headphones and it still does it. I've also checked the connectors and wires and they all seem in good condition. I'm not sure if this is a driver issue,...
  6. Odd Audio crackle/computer freeze

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Odd Audio crackle/computer freeze: So I've been having issues with this pc since late May. Now here were are in December and the issue still isn't resolved. Cant refund the pc at this point and I certainly don't want to drop another 2k on a gaming pc. As the title states every 4 hours or so the pc will freeze...
  7. Audio Crackling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Crackling: Hi, Lastly, my audio in some games started to crackle. I can start a game, play for a while, and then the audio starts to crackle. What also happens is that I can play for like 5 minutes and then my game freezes and the audio is crackling. Another problem is that after...
  8. Audio crackling when computer is unplugged

Audio crackling when computer is unplugged: I'm on a Dell Inspiron 7370 with Windows 10 Whenever I try to play audio on my computer when its not charging, it comes out very slow and with a ton of static, it happens when my headphones are plugged in too but when I plug it back in for charging, it sounds perfectly fine...
  9. Computer shutting down soon after startup

Computer shutting down soon after startup: I installed new ram a few weeks ago, been fine so far. Crashed last night but managed to use all day today. Crashed again and since then hasn't managed to survive for more than 5 minutes. Every time it does not bluescreen, it just acts as if the cable was pulled, and...
  10. PC freezes regularly, soon after startup.

PC freezes regularly, soon after startup.: Hi, This forum helped before with a BSOD I was experiencing. It turned out that my Logitech mouse drivers needed updating. Now the same computer has another problem. The screen freezes regularly, soon after startup. There is no BSOD, the screen just freezes, i.e. the...