Windows 10: Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

Discus and support Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, don't know where to go as I am not computer savvy at all. My computer has all of a sudden been crashing the games I am playing and freezing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zvayy, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Zvayy Win User

Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

Hi there, don't know where to go as I am not computer savvy at all. My computer has all of a sudden been crashing the games I am playing and freezing and having the screen go black for a few seconds. The specs are a evga 2070 super, windows 10, i7-9700k, z390 pro4 motherboard, 16 gb ram. To go into more detail about the game crashing, its overwatch and I get the "rendering device has been lost message" over and over. This has happened in the past 4 days. Thank you and sorry for the jumbled mess.

:)

Zvayy, Nov 4, 2019
  2. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Nov 4, 2019
  3. laptop freezes if left for few seconds

I have Lenovo yoga 3 Pro 1370 laptop. It was working ok but after new update of windows it suddenly freezes if left for a few seconds. I have to shut down power and restart then it comes back.

Also sometime on switching on showing NO WIFI and power off and it comes back. Please suggest.

JASBIR KHARA, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Suddenly Going Black For A Few Seconds and Freezing Then Coming Back On - Similar Threads - Computer Suddenly Going

2. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  3. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.: As described in the title, sometimes my computer randomly starts to freeze except the sound, only the screen/cursor freezes, the after half a second the screen goes black for a few seconds, then my desktop appears and the windows begin poping up on my screen again. During...
  4. Computer freezes randomly, screen goes black for a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Black screen and comes back after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen and comes back after few seconds: Hello,It started happening today. What I already tried?Enter in safe mode, uninstall all NVIDIA drivers and make a clean install of the latest version 466.77 I was running either 466.47 or 466.63.sfc /scannowdism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealthWhen I was installing the...
  6. At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds then come back.: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 1809 x64 AMD Ryzen 5 2400G @3.8GHz MSI B450M PRO-M2 V2 MicroATX/current BIOS 16GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4-3200 Radeon Vega 11 Graphics/current drivers Dell SE2717H 1080p 1920x1080 @60Hz using HDMI At random, screen would go blank for a few seconds...
  7. Monitor going black for few seconds

Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  8. Monitor going black for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor going black for few seconds: I have a Dell SE2416H external monitor going black for a few seconds. This will happen 3 or 4 time within 5 minutes and not again for a one or two hours. I have a Dell Laptop 15-5567 connected with a Moread MDMI adapter. I am not even sure how to troubleshoot this. ANY help?...
  9. Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes black suddenly, then comes back on in a few minutes: I've been searching for a few months for a solution to this. I just bought this HP Pavilion and new HP monitor in November, 2018, four months ago. It started about a month after I bought it. Suddenly, the display goes black. The computer and monitor are still ON, but the...
  10. TVs go black for a few seconds

TVs go black for a few seconds: I have a Windows 10 64-bit ASUS installed in a church. It's primary function is to play video. As such, I have a 24" monitor hooked up through a DVI cable, which sits at our audio/video console. Then I have HDMI out running into an HDMI to SDI converter, which runs to an SDI...