Windows 10: Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi

Discus and support Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, 64 bit, using a network adapter to connect to WiFi/internet. I'm unable to use any other methods of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sylverVT, Jun 20, 2020.

1. sylverVT Win User

Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi

I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, 64 bit, using a network adapter to connect to WiFi/internet. I'm unable to use any other methods of connecting to the internet. All my other devices have no issue connecting to the internet and keeping the connection, it's just the Windows 10 computer. I'm not using a VPN. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes scans showed I'm clean today - I did have some miners recently that Malwarebytes killed and did have to repair the windows update service recently because the service "could not be found", in case that is important - though I updated and used the PC just fine after that for several days, so I'm unsure if it matters.

I had issues with the internet connection before that, though they were easy to fix. For the first two or three weeks of usage, the PC connected to the same router on bootup and then kept the connection at any given time without any issues. Afterward, I did get some issues; long story short, my computer would never properly connect to the internet when I booted it up/restarted - it either would outright not connect at all even with the "automatically connect" option enabled, or it would connect briefly, but then switch to "no internet, secured" after a few minutes. Additionally, if I connected instantly after startup, the same "no internet, secured" thing would happen. However, this problem didn't bother me too much, since I could either manually reconnect to get the internet to work, or I simply let the computer "sit idle" for a minute or two before manually connecting to get a stable connection.

My current issue is that my connection now keeps cutting out every two or so minutes and then it's pretty much impossible to get it back - disconnecting and then reconnecting rarely works. Sometimes, it says "connecting" for a minute and then tells me to enter the network password due to "recent changes since last connection" or something - which also does not work, when I enter the password it just "connects" for a minute again and gives me the same info again. Sometimes, it will disconnect, then reconnect, then disconnect, then reconnect, etc. Sometimes it'll simply switch to the usual "no internet, secured" state again. Sometime, it will suddenly kick me out, go "No WiFi connection", and then find WiFi connections again, allowing me to manually reconnect to the router or connecting automatically if the option was enabled.

I've tried the network troubleshooter, which has done nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled my adapter driver, which has done nothing. Power option for the adapter to be disabled to save energy is turned off. Sfc / scannow command didn't report/fix any issues. Resetting the router did not work. The issue is only with the Windows 10 computer - even when the Windows 10 computer doesn't connect, my phone/gaming consoles/Windows 7 computer which uses the same wifi adapter model connect just fine and stay connected.

I'm desperate at this point - I got this computer about two months ago, brand new, the internet issue I mentioned prior has persisted about one and a half months of the time I've had it, and the current issue randomly started today after I could connect to the internet just fine for about an hour or two in the morning. I didn't download and install anything new, I didn't change any settings, it simply stopped working from one moment to the next. Since I use this computer for working from home daily in addition to personal stuff like gaming, I need to fix this issue urgently because my livelihood literally depends on me having a working computer with a stable and reliable internet connection, so any and all suggestions are welcome. At this point, I'm even ready to reset the PC - preferably without removing my files, but if anyone thinks that's what it takes to fix this, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Right now, after 7 times of my internet failing, reconnecting on its own, disconnecting on its own, me manually disconnecting and reconnecting to be met with "please enter network password due to changes" and then me simply pressing "automatically connect" once more, my internet is back and running. But I know the moment I shut the PC off and turn it back on again, it'll be a struggle of 30+ minutes to get it to run again :/ I ordered a new wifi adapter in case this one is simply starting to die which should arrive Monday - although I'm going to be honest and say I doubt it's the adapter.

:)

sylverVT, Jun 20, 2020

2. Why does my computer disconnect from the internet constantly? (WiFi)

Hi Kevin,

Here are few troubleshooting steps which you may try to resolve the issue with WIFI disconnecting on your Computer.

Method 1: Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter

This troubleshooter is an automated Windows 10 inbuilt tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Internet Connections on the computer. Perform these steps to run this tool and check if that helps.

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Internet Connections”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    If above method doesn't work I suggest you try below method

Method 2:

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the below article on Fix network connection issues.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

If you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 20, 2020
  3. WhyMe Win User
    WiFi Internet Keeps Disconnecting

Hi Gerry Atric and welcome to the forum.Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi :)

lol *Biggrin

Don't know if you have tried this, but this is my suggestion:

Settings >Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Manage Wi-Fi Settings
    Go to the settings under the Wi-Fi Sense heading
    Turn off "Connect to suggested open hotspots"
    and/or
    Turn off "Connect to networks shared by my friends"

WhyMe, Jun 20, 2020
  4. Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi

Matthewryaio, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi

1. Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly keeps

2. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  3. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet: Using the wifi keeps disconnected from wifi ,I tried so many tricks available in youtube and internet but nothing gives me the output properly ,Power management mode is not displaying in my laptop...
  4. My wifi keeps disconnected from the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/Wi-Fi, makes the Bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/Wi-Fi, makes the Bluetooth...: This computer is essentially a brand new build, it's running an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax motherboard on Windows 11, I've made sure my bios and all drivers are up to date and downloaded correctly, and checked they're all showing no signs of errors. I've ran countless...
  6. Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/Wi-Fi, makes the Bluetooth...

Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/Wi-Fi, makes the Bluetooth...: This computer is essentially a brand new build, it's running an ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax motherboard on Windows 11, I've made sure my bios and all drivers are up to date and downloaded correctly, and checked they're all showing no signs of errors. I've ran countless...
  7. My computer keeps suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet: My computer keeps disconnecting from the internet for around 10 seconds, before reconnecting again.This has been happening in multiple houses, so it's not my internet, it's my computer.Please help me....
  8. My computer keeps suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet

My computer keeps suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet: My computer keeps disconnecting from the internet for around 10 seconds, before reconnecting again.This has been happening in multiple houses, so it's not my internet, it's my computer.Please help me....
  9. My computer keeps suddenly disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly keeps repeatedly disconnecting from internet/wifi: I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 2004, 64 bit, using a network adapter to connect to WiFi/internet. I'm unable to use any other methods of connecting to the internet. All my other devices have no issue connecting to the internet and keeping the connection, it's just the...