Windows 10: Computer suddenly lagging

Discus and support Computer suddenly lagging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer recently started lagging whenever I use the computer. task manager isn't telling me anything as the cpu is 30% or under at all times during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnonymousKingWasTaken, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Computer suddenly lagging

My computer recently started lagging whenever I use the computer. task manager isn't telling me anything as the cpu is 30% or under at all times during this lag.

I have a Windows 10 home computer HP build 19041.

:)

AnonymousKingWasTaken, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Resentic Win User
    PC suddenly lagging, even after clean install

Here are the screenshots from HDTune:

Computer suddenly lagging [​IMG]

Resentic, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Computer suddenly lagging

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Computer suddenly lagging

1. Computer suddenly lagging - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly lagging

2. System Suddenly & weirdly lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Suddenly & weirdly lagging: My system used to work pretty good earlier but from two days some game box services and Desktop windows manager is taking up small memory, and When I load a complex program it is choppy and laggy including video player like vlc and sometimes chrome . But when closed it looks...
  3. Windows 10 lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 lagging all of a sudden.: Hello, today I noticed something strange about my windows. I wanted to open up paint but it wouldn't open, I tried to open the search bar via hotkeys but It also didn't work. I've tried to open up a game and it didn't have any problems, the game was smooth and opened...
  4. Computer Lagging

Computer Lagging: I have a Dell with Intel CORE 13 9th Generation and was set up 11/20/20. First week was fine and no problem at all up to 11/25/20. When I was using this 11/30/20, noticed that tabs are lagging even it only 3 tabs that were open. Programs were lagging too. I restarted this...
  5. Lag issue suddenly

Lag issue suddenly: I have a Medium end PC with i5 9400F and 8 GB RAM with 1 TB HDD and 240 GB SSD. Lately my PC is having serious issues. If my mouse is left inactive for about 10 mins my CPU usage increases from 2% to 80-90% and it starts to lag. Until I move my mouse back it won't lower the...
  6. Computer suddenly started lagging

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer suddenly started lagging: My laptop suddenly started to lag like crazy. I was running just fine yesterday, and I don’t do anything crazy on it like keeping a million chrome tabs open. Windows defender says I don’t have a virus. My laptop is pretty good (Core i5, GTX 1650, 8 GB RAM). What can I do to...
  7. Lagging computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lagging computer: My computer is just like unpredicatable. In task manager under windows program system consumes a few more cpu, constantly consuming disk and also memory all of sudden and computer stops momentarily . When problem happened ,starts happening frequently almost irritating to do...
  8. My Laptop Gets Lag, Suddenly....

My Laptop Gets Lag, Suddenly....: So, the story starts after i forced shutdown my laptop because Windows is not responding at all, and then a error box came up and said "press esc, press ctrl + alt + del if windows is not responding, or press power, bla bla bla..." So i decided to shutdown my PC, Before...
  9. Sudden Lag in Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Lag in Games: In various games, like World of Warcraft, there is often a sudden freezing, accompanied by the game's sound buzzing. This can get me killed in games like WoW and Swtor, and can make me lose a turn in card games, like Duelyst. The games this has happened in are World of...
  10. Experiencing sudden mouse lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Experiencing sudden mouse lag: Hi all, I have a pretty decent system, it runs fine, but I've noticed since last week, my Logitech G502 is suddenly experiencing lag. No spikes, no drops, it just feels like it's dragging. I've tried changing DPI (though I didn't change the DPI in the first place) and it...