Windows 10: Computer suddenly reboots

Discus and support Computer suddenly reboots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having this issue for a while, where my computer suddenly shuts down and reboots again randomly, although I've noticed it sometimes happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by joaonogueira01, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Computer suddenly reboots

I've been having this issue for a while, where my computer suddenly shuts down and reboots again randomly, although I've noticed it sometimes happens when there is an update on Windows update. I've gone to a computer repair shop and they couldn't find the problem.

The Event manager XML is:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>8</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-11-07T21:13:51.5079000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>401</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-JOAO</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
    <Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

Hopefully, you can find a possible solution to my problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

joaonogueira01, Nov 7, 2020

2. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Nov 7, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Sharief K Win User

Computer suddenly reboots

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Nov 7, 2020
Thema:

Computer suddenly reboots

1. Computer suddenly reboots - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly reboots

2. Computer crashed and rebooted all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashed and rebooted all of a sudden: Crash and reboot with no warning during playing a videogame. No error code either. I found the dmp files using the bugcheck message and uploaded them zipped to onedrive. Help figuring out what they actually mean would be...
  3. Computer crashed and rebooted all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashed and rebooted all of a sudden: Crash and reboot with no warning during playing a videogame. No error code either. I found the dmp files using the bugcheck message and uploaded them zipped to onedrive. Help figuring out what they actually mean would be...
  4. Computer crashed and rebooted all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sudden reboots. Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. A dump was saved in:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden reboots. Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. A dump was saved in:...: My laptop suddenly reboots and I have no idea why. It has cost me a lot of work to be lost and unsaved. Please help.Error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc98695f6a010, 0xfffff801585f31ec, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  6. Sudden reboots. Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. A dump was saved in:...

Sudden reboots. Error: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. A dump was saved in:...: My laptop suddenly reboots and I have no idea why. It has cost me a lot of work to be lost and unsaved. Please help.Error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc98695f6a010, 0xfffff801585f31ec, 0xffffffffc000009a,...
  7. My computer suddenly rebooted for few times. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f

My computer suddenly rebooted for few times. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f: My windows 11 always rebooted every few minutes and the event viewer info is:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffb680c1f25e70, 0xfffffe8222e61598, 0xfffff8011321169f. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP....
  8. Windows Sudden Reboot

Windows Sudden Reboot: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  9. Laptop suddenly reboot

Laptop suddenly reboot: My laptop is randomly reboot and i just don't know why. The screen goes black and rebooting. After that sudden reboot my wifi adapter suddenly disappear. I have to restart it again in order to make my wifi adaptor back again. Could this be the problem with wifi adapter?...
  10. sudden reboot

sudden reboot: Hi everyone Today I was using my PC and it suddenly rebooted with no error whatsoever when I checked the events it had event 41 (only 2 were unknown cause, the others was me shutting down the PC improperly) and I have no idea what could have caused it Immediately after the...