Windows 10: Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD

Discus and support Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Here is the Event Properties information Event 41, Kernel-Power>- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TaylorHoward1, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD

Here is the Event Properties information Event 41, Kernel-Power>- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-04-28T05:48:30.7559575Z" /> <EventRecordID>13634</EventRecordID> <Correlation /&g

:)

TaylorHoward1, Apr 28, 2021

2. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD

1. Computer suddenly restarts, typically while gaming, with no BSOD - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly restarts

2. My computer recently started restarting suddenly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer recently started restarting suddenly while gaming: Hello,I've started having this problem recently and would love some help in diagnosing it. I had a similar issue in the past that was helped by flashing BIOS, reinstalling my GPU driver with "driver only" settings. So I feel like this is a software issue again but the same...
  3. My computer recently started restarting suddenly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer recently started restarting suddenly while gaming: Hello,I've started having this problem recently and would love some help in diagnosing it. I had a similar issue in the past that was helped by flashing BIOS, reinstalling my GPU driver with "driver only" settings. So I feel like this is a software issue again but the same...
  4. Random Bsods while gaming all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Bsods while gaming all of a sudden: Hi, I've started randomly getting BSODs this week while gaming, I've made sure its not an overheating problem. I think it is a driver problem but i have no idea how to find out which driver is faulty. ill post my Minidump in case someone can help....
  5. Random Bsods while gaming all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Bsods while gaming all of a sudden: Hi, I've started randomly getting BSODs this week while gaming, I've made sure its not an overheating problem. I think it is a driver problem but i have no idea how to find out which driver is faulty. ill post my Minidump in case someone can help....
  6. Computer suddenly restarts while gaming, help with event viewer needed!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer suddenly restarts while gaming, help with event viewer needed!: Hello, my computer has been having problems suddenly restarting while gaming. I've had this problem for upwards of a year now and it's completely stumped me.I was wondering if anyone with any experiance reading event viewer logs could help me out and see if there is any...
  7. Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting

Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting: Hi, Been trying to resolve this issue for years, recently picked up some new ram, but didn't seem to be the solution. It seems to happen most often when I turn my computer on, or if I restart it. I've taken to just leaving it on 24/7 as it seems if it boots up. For some...
  8. Sudden Black Screen - Computer Restarts Entirely While Playing Games

Sudden Black Screen - Computer Restarts Entirely While Playing Games: Hi, I recently ordered new parts in mid April, switching from Intel/NVIDIA to AMD entirely. I put together the computer and kept only a few things from my old build, which would be my PSU and storage HDD and SSD. At first I simply had my AMD GPU in my old build, but while...
  9. PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD

PC restarts while gaming, no BSOD: Hello, My problem started happening suddenly while playing games. All info I could get is "event 41 - kernel power" with no bugcheck code. After that I tried with updated drivers, but nothing changed. Since the PC is still under warranty I sent it for check up, they didn't...
  10. Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle

Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle: Typically when I step away from my laptop, or leave it over night - I will awake to it having a BSOD and reboots to the Dell Alienware Recovery Program. I've updated all the drivers I can, and it still is giving me this issue. Luckily it rarely happens while I'm actively...