Windows 10: Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it

Discus and support Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, A few weeks ago, my computer suddenly started running very slow; it would take 20s to open a web page even though I checked on other devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jack_619, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Jack_619 Win User

Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it

Hello,

A few weeks ago, my computer suddenly started running very slow; it would take 20s to open a web page even though I checked on other devices that internet was fine. Also, I would click to open some PDF files, and nothing would happen. I restarted my computer, and it was the same. I then shut down for 10 minutes, and same. The only thing that fixed it is I took out laptop battery for 1 minute, and then put back in.

Also, sometimes when I restart, computer just doesn't work at all; I just get a black screen, nothing happens, and the only way to fix it is to take out battery while it's running.

This has happened to me about 4-5 times in the last couple of weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much!

:)

Jack_619, Apr 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Windows Defender doesn´t load in Windows 10 startup and run slowwwwly

After updated the Windows 7 to 10 and error in avast (loaded very slowly Chrome. , f.ex.), i was uninstall the avast and used the Windows Defender (native of Windows) to protect against virus, malware and others bad things. But, the system runs more
    quickly, and the Windows defender runs slooowwwwly; the rapld (quick) verification run slowly, 11.000 files in 9 hours (???????). Is correct? In Windows 7 the same process run quickly and the process take a 2 hours, maximum. Now, the windows defender´s icon
    doesn´t show in taskbar, and i can´t ideia if the program is full loaded.

Thanks

Martin.

Tin Master, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Cr00zng Win User

Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it

10 doesn’t fix the desktop it fixes 8's reputation

If I am not mistaken, you're referring to is the Metro Search settings:

Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it [​IMG]

That does not stop the "explorer.exe" from connecting to the MS server. For that matter, it does not stop connecting to Bing either. Those settings just suppress the results from Bing.

The bing and some of the local searches results/tracking can be cleared, with some disclaimer; see the second image for details...

I know I am being tracked, it's not that. I just want to know who's's tracking and how. This is an updated OS and I have some reservation about its tracking features, based on the previous version. Some people don't care, but that's fine...

How do you figure that duckduckgo logged on to my computer? Especially in the case when the system process with PID 0 makes the connection to that site. Never mind that there's a hardware firewall between the system and the internet and then a software firewall on this system that blocks all inbound connection attempt from the internet. You lost me there...

And again, I did not install different tools for search purposes. This is a plain W10 install with Firefox, Sysinternal Tools, and WireShark. And yes, duckduckgo is the default search for IE11 and FF. I just fail to see why a kernel process would make a connection to the default search site.

Cr00zng, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer suddenly runs slowly, and restart doesn't fix. Only taking out battery fixes it - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly runs

2. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  3. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  4. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  5. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  6. PC suddenly runs slowly.

PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  7. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  8. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping

Windows PC Running Slowly, Fixes not Helping: Over the past few days, my laptop an Acer Aspire 5 running Windows 10 has been running exceptionally slowly. The computer itself, as well as applications on it, have been taking very long to load, audio has been stuttered and crackly, and I think the battery may be draining...
  10. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

Computer suddenly started running really slowly: My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still....