Windows 10: Computer suddenly started lagging

Discus and support Computer suddenly started lagging in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop suddenly started to lag like crazy. I was running just fine yesterday, and I don’t do anything crazy on it like keeping a million chrome tabs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoMan790, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Computer suddenly started lagging

My laptop suddenly started to lag like crazy. I was running just fine yesterday, and I don’t do anything crazy on it like keeping a million chrome tabs open. Windows defender says I don’t have a virus. My laptop is pretty good (Core i5, GTX 1650, 8 GB RAM). What can I do to help return my PC to normal.

submitted by /u/RoMan790
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RoMan790, Oct 22, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Oct 22, 2020
  3. ken132 Win User
    Computer starts randomly lagging

Sorry to clarify, the internet is not lagging. By lagging I mean the computer is freezing (not completely) and it takes like a couple of second for each action to go through. For example clicking on the window icon > power > shut down, these steps could take up like a minute.

I've ran ESET OnlineScan and it found no malware. I'm also using malwarebyte and windows security and scheduled to scan everyday so I don't think I have a virus. (I never download anything phishy either).

I've ran all these as well:
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /CheckHealth
    DISM /Online /CLEANUP-IMAGE /RestoreHealth
    SFC /scannow

I tried using Driver Easy to update my drivers. The thing with this is it's so random. It hasn't happened since I last posted in this thread then just now it happened again randomly *Sad

I don't remember when it started happening because it's been a while and I've just lived with it whenever it happens I just restart my pc. Is there some kind of error logging I can view as soon as it happens after I restart my pc?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have idea? *Sad

ken132, Oct 22, 2020
  4. PC1
    PC1 Win User

Computer suddenly started lagging

Computer-Lagging

So recently about few days ago my pc started to lag. Like suddenly~ It lags on a regular basis like even in window or when I open a program or when turning on the pc. When openning a program it takes a long time to open it, for example like after I turned on real1player the movie seems to lag. I couldn't even open the internet explorer. Then when trying to close it, everything becomes not responding.
    I don't know what the problem is, but thanks if anyone would help out.

Thema:

Computer suddenly started lagging

1. Computer suddenly started lagging - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly started

2. My computer suddenly starts lagging for an undetermined amount of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer suddenly starts lagging for an undetermined amount of time: This started happening yesterday. I was just doing my business when I noticed that the performance of my Computer dramatically dropped out of nowhere, every program was barely running, even the cursor started lagging and I don't know why it does this.All programs start...
  3. My computer suddenly starts lagging for an undetermined amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly starts lagging for an undetermined amount of time: This started happening yesterday. I was just doing my business when I noticed that the performance of my Computer dramatically dropped out of nowhere, every program was barely running, even the cursor started lagging and I don't know why it does this.All programs start...
  4. My computer suddenly starts lagging for an undetermined amount of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sudden computer lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden computer lag: So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it seemed to be fixed, but it started again and again and again. Im tired of restarting the laptop 30 times a day.I reinstalled...
  6. Sudden computer lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden computer lag: So this *issue* started this month, i was just normally using me windows 10 laptop and it suddenly starts lagging like hell. I restarted it and it seemed to be fixed, but it started again and again and again. Im tired of restarting the laptop 30 times a day.I reinstalled...
  7. Sudden computer lag

8. My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop started lagging all of a sudden.: I was using my laptop, I started seeing that my laptop is lagging, opening simple apps such as Settings take about 10 seconds, Even while gaming I started to realize that I'm lagging and I have bad performance, I've done everything i could, my laptop is called ThinkPad e15 My...
  9. Computer suddenly lagging

Computer suddenly lagging: My computer recently started lagging whenever I use the computer. task manager isn't telling me anything as the cpu is 30% or under at all times during this lag. I have a Windows 10 home computer HP build 19041....
  10. Computer starts randomly lagging

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer starts randomly lagging: Hi everyone, I'm so nervous right now because my parents just bought me a computer recently and it's already having freezing problem. I don't want to tell them because It was expensive. It is a pre-built computer. Here is the exact link with all the specs which has all the...