Windows 10: Computer suddenly started running really slowly

Discus and support Computer suddenly started running really slowly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks. literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Etetherin, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Etetherin Win User

Computer suddenly started running really slowly

My computer all the sudden started working really slowly for even the smallest of tasks.
    literally anything I do now is excruciatingly slow. Opening chrome, opening file explorer, typing, even drawing the selection boxes on the desktop. The mouse moves smooth though still.

windows version: 1909 os build 18363.1016

I havent updated anything recently or installed anything recently.

I did some trouble shooting myself but all of it passed:
    windows memory test
    intels cpu test
    msi afterburner on my video card.

resources.rar

:)

Etetherin, Sep 4, 2020

2. Why is my computer suddenly running so slowly?

So I was playing a game on my computer, and suddenly i experience a lag spike and my computer starts running slowly. My game became too lagy to play, as well as all other games my computer use to run smoothly, and general use such as watching you tube videos
    and browsing the internet are slow as well. since then I have run a full system scan, disk clean up and deleted some of my recent downloads. I feel as if it has helped a little, but my computer is still much slower then before.

Is there anything else I can do to fix my problem?

Please help.

dagius9444, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Computer starts slowly and freezes a lot.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might occur, due to any third party application conflict.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to
    Run Maintenance task

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

• Follow on screen instructions.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2:

Step 1: Clean boot

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Step 2: Safe Mode

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.
    For more information refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/user-accounts-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Computer suddenly started running really slowly

Computer running slowly!

Computer running slowly! Help.please

CLHimaine1, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer suddenly started running really slowly

1. Computer suddenly started running really slowly - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly started

2. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  3. My computer is suddenly running very slowly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is suddenly running very slowly.: I have tried almost every troubleshooting technique out there:reset windowsreset virtual RAMgo into root files for MSconfig and turn a 1 into a 0.Delete temp folderDelete Downloaddistributor or whatever it's calledTurn off Fast BootUpdate Drivers for PC and Graphics...
  4. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  5. Computer runs slowly all of sudden

Computer runs slowly all of sudden: So I have an Alienware m15 r2 really good computer I've had it for a while but now all of my games run slowly 15 minutes into playing I thought it was malware and I used Malwarebytes nope so now I'm really confused if you have any fixes and I've checked my drivers and It...
  6. PC suddenly runs slowly.

PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  7. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC suddenly runs slowly.: I was playing a game on the Xbox app when suddenly the game starts running really poorly load times are longer,10 frames a second. I checked some games on Steam and they're running poorly too. I restarted my PC and I noticed that it takes longer to boot up now. I've got...
  8. PC suddenly runs slowly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Window 10 suddenly started running very slowly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window 10 suddenly started running very slowly: Yesterday night windows suddenly started running very slowly. I have done a few things to try and sort it out, and it seems like it is now limited to things in windows explore. The menu takes a long time to come up when I right click a file, if I click rename it takes about...
  10. Windows 10 suddenly started running very slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 suddenly started running very slowly: Yesterday night windows suddenly started running very slowly. I have done a few things to try and sort it out, and it seems like it is now limited to things in windows explore. The menu takes a long time to come up when I right click a file, if I click rename it takes about...