Windows 10: Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash

Discus and support Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Was playing the new Call of Duty, when suddenly the game crashes on a loading screen. Wasn't too worried because the game crashes a lot. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Matajkz, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash

Was playing the new Call of Duty, when suddenly the game crashes on a loading screen. Wasn't too worried because the game crashes a lot. But after minute or so, the game kept frozen. Again, not a new issue. But when I was forced to restart the computer, everything went badly. Computer is now extremely slow, taking a lot longer to boot, everything is now unresponsive and a tiny bit of workload freezes my pc. I even got a blue screen of death trying to scan for any malwares.

Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/Matajkz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Matajkz, Dec 27, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash

1. Computer suddenly very slow after a game crash - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly very

2. Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer started suddenly running games slow or they just downright crash: Hello everyone I'm here because my computer out of the blue just started crashing and running games really slow so naturally when I saw this I did a clean boot of my computer and deleted all the partitions and booted up a new clean version of windows just for the same thing...
  3. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  4. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  5. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  6. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer is running very slow all of a sudden: Last week my laptop started to run very slow, to the point where i cant even open task manager to see whats happening, i checked for viruses but i had nothing, i deleted some of my games, and end some background processes but its still the same slow laptop. does anyone know a...
  7. my computer is running very slow all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. PC very slow after crash while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC very slow after crash while gaming: Basically the title sais it all. While gaming my pc crashed, restarted and booted into the Bios (I got a critical "kernel power" error). Now the pc is very slow. I can still do things like edit a word document or watch a youtube video. However, if i try to play a game which...
  9. Computer very slow after update

Computer very slow after update: My computer did a Windows update this morning, and now I can hardly use it because it is so slow! What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-very-slow-after-update/1cd14a97-b2be-49ec-974e-1f17cd306c3e
  10. Very very slow computer

Very very slow computer: My laptop Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series became very very slow in running all applications etc since last 2 weeks. It started after installing few window updates. How to get out of it. Please help....