Windows 10: Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?

Discus and support Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm soo frustrated! Days of tweaking and I'm almost done and run into an issue like this. I put the pc to sleep and it turns back on instantly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klepp0906, Aug 8, 2016.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?

I'm soo frustrated! Days of tweaking and I'm almost done and run into an issue like this.

I put the pc to sleep and it turns back on instantly.

I've narrowed it down to my Ethernet/lan but the thing is - it's always worked before.

Now if I disable the Ethernet connections it will sleep fine.

The only settings I changed were the receive and transmit buffers (which should have no effect?) and the disabling of admittedly a lot of services. (All researched and 90% had been disabled before without killing sleep).

Could have nothing to do with services but I'm kinda stuck on how to proceed with my troubleshooting. Don't want to have to re dump Windows ugh!

I know I can likely turn off wake on lan and resolve it but two things stop me. 1) it wasn't necessary to be off before and 2) I intend to use wol as my pc is going to double as a media server.

Little help here gents *Smile

:)

klepp0906, Aug 8, 2016

2. wake from sleep mode

suddenly my new HP ALL in one computer will not wake from sleep mode using either mouse or keyboard. Both are set in control panel to wake from sleep mode.

BonnieBicocchi, Aug 8, 2016
  3. 70 seconds to wake up from sleep mode in Windows10

I had Windows 7. I could almost instantly wake up from sleep mode. I upgraded to Windows 10 . Now I have to wait 70 seconds to wake up from sleep mode. What can be done to fix this?

JohnCelmerJC, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep?

1. Computer suddenly wakes instantly from sleep? - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly wakes

2. Multiple computers waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple computers waking from sleep: All of a sudden (perhaps since 1903 was installed) three of my computers are waking themselves up from sleep. I can put them back to sleep but invariably they will soon be back awake. AFAICT once they are awakened they will not go back to sleep. This is not happening to all...
  3. Computer wakes up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  4. Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly

Windows 10 pc waking up from sleep instantly: Hello, My PC keeps waking up almost instantly every time I put it to sleep. The wake source is listed below. Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type: Device Instance Path:...
  5. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...
  6. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...
  7. Computer won't wake up from sleep

Computer won't wake up from sleep: I hear the computer turn back on and the light is on, but the screen is still black. My mouse and keyboard are unresponsive (can't turn backlight on). I have to do a hard shut down. When it's back on, it's like it woke up from sleep mode, not a fresh restart. This just...
  8. Can't wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't wake computer from sleep: So this is my current problem: ever since I upgraded to an SSD and did a clean install of windows 10, I can't wake up my computer from sleep. On my old hard drive I did not have this problem. Whenever the screen times out, my mouse and keyboard are unresponsive and nothing I...
  9. Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Sleeps/Wakes fine manually, but won't wake from auto-sleep: Hello, My motherboard is a P8Z77-V, with Gigabyte 7950 video card, if that matters. I did the windows 10 upgrade, and all seems well, except waking from Standby. If I go into start menu, and choose sleep, everything spins down, and the computer shuts itself off. I am...
  10. Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Wakes from Sleep/Hibernation: Hello, My computer keeps waking when I put it to sleep and I can't determine the cause. How do I find out the reason it woke up, and how do I force it to ignore this event in future? I have a feeling it's one of my peripherals, but I can't be sure. Thank you! 45576