Windows 10: Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow

Discus and support Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This just happened today. Both the touchpad and the USB mouse are moving in a stuttered manner and the computer is agonizingly slow, so slow that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jg379, Aug 22, 2020.

1. /u/jg379 Win User

Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow

This just happened today. Both the touchpad and the USB mouse are moving in a stuttered manner and the computer is agonizingly slow, so slow that I cannot even work on it. It was working great just this morning and I haven't had any problems with it before. I've restarted it several times to try and get it working again. Any ideas? It's an HP laptop running Windows 10.

submitted by /u/jg379
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jg379, Aug 22, 2020

2. mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 22, 2020
  3. TMH
    TMH Win User
    Mouse stutters on start up, but works normal after a few minutes

I've recently got a new computer, and I've noticed when I turn it out, the mouse stutters at first. For the first few minutes, I can move the mouse for a second, then it freezes for a few seconds, then it moves for a second again, etc...

I've currently not got another mouse to try with, but I wondered if any body had any suggestions I could try whilst I try and source another mouse to test with.

I'm running the following

1. Win 10 Pro
    2. i7-4790K (Not overclocked)
    3. 16gb ram (this was salvaged from my old computer, so it's a few years old)
    4. Nvidia 980 ti
    5. Mouse is a Razor Oubourous.

If you need any more info, or specs, let me know and I'll add them.

4. Snake3169 Win User

4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade).

I notice when I have a game in 4k, and I move my mouse slow.. the game doesn't stutter, but if I zip my mouse around quickly, the game stutters a lot, like the computer can't keep up with rendering the game and/or lagging.

Even weirder, it doesn't do it in first person shooters on 4k (because no cursor I guess?). The FPS's play smooth as butter.

So I am kinda at a loss as to what could be causing this.

I noticed it while playing Diablo 3, it lagged so much that I ended up going back to 1080p cause I thought the game was just glitch in 4k or something. Though now I am noticing it in lots of games after my upgrade too.

Windows 10 (with all updates)
    i7 6850k @ 4.4
    16gig of DDR4 2400
    Asus Rampage V Extreme
    Asus Strix 970s (2) in SLI (with latest NVidia drivers)

I just recently reinstalled Windows 10. And I note it was doing it in diablo 3 before I reinstalled Windows 10 and on my old computer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Snake3169, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer suddenly with mouse stutter and moving agonizingly slow - Similar Threads - Computer suddenly mouse

2. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  3. Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Stuttering and Moving on its own?: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Installed on ‎12/‎3/‎2022 OS build 22621.2283 So I have 3 profiles or accounts on my PC, I use mine almost daily and don't have this issue for some reason but on the two other profiles after signing into them the desktop shows up like...
  4. Sudden extreme mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden extreme mouse stutter: So, suddenly after a random PC reboot during the night, my mouse has become super sluggish when my computer is under heavy load. the computer isn't sluggish only the mouse is. I do 3d modeling so i use a lot of resources but it was never like this before. Normally, when my...
  5. Sudden extreme mouse stutter

Sudden extreme mouse stutter: So, suddenly after a random PC reboot during the night, my mouse has become super sluggish when my computer is under heavy load. the computer isn't sluggish only the mouse is. I do 3d modeling so i use a lot of resources but it was never like this before. Normally, when my...
  6. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW: Hello-In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites I...
  7. COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW

COMPUTER SUDDENLY SLOW: Hello-In the last two days my computer is suddenly displaying the message 'low memory.' It has been fine over many months with zero hold ups even with multiple tabs open. I know when I just have too many tabs open slowing things down, vs a certain certain shopping websites I...
  8. Laptop suddenly slows down and sounds stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop suddenly slows down and sounds stuttering: Hello, I am a windows 10 laptop users. My laptop sometimes does suddenly really slows down and suddenly sounds stuttering. it only last for like 2 or 3 seconds and laptop is back to being normal. I dont know why it happens, So if anyone knows, please help me...
  9. Laptop suddenly slows down and sounds stuttering

Laptop suddenly slows down and sounds stuttering: Hello, I am a windows 10 laptop users. My laptop sometimes does suddenly really slows down and suddenly sounds stuttering. it only last for like 2 or 3 seconds and laptop is back to being normal. I dont know why it happens, So if anyone knows, please help me...
  10. 4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k computer stutter when moving mouse fast: Okay this is a weird error and I didn't notice it until I started to play a large amount of games in 4k (after a recent computer upgrade). I notice when I have a game in 4k, and I move my mouse slow.. the game doesn't stutter, but if I zip my mouse around quickly, the game...