Windows 10: Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?

Discus and support Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. As of yesterday, everytime I startup my computer (a Surface Book 2), including just waking it from sleep, it requires a BitLocker recovery key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kagami77, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?

Hello. As of yesterday, everytime I startup my computer (a Surface Book 2), including just waking it from sleep, it requires a BitLocker recovery key. I did not know what BitLocker was until yesterday, although luckily I was able to retrieve my computer's key using another computer. Nevertheless, it is still annoying to type in the 48-letter key each time I startup my computer. Is there any way to permanently turn off BitLocker? When I went into my hard drives, I noticed that my C: drive had a lock on it. Would simply turning this off fix the issue? And if that's the case, why did my C: drive suddenly get a lock on it one day? Thank you.

submitted by /u/kagami77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kagami77, Dec 13, 2019

2. Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup

Hi Bazsl1,

This article is somewhat related to your current issue.

Please check if this will further help you solve your concern:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/447077...

Please let us know if this will help you.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Surface Pro 3 requires Bitlocker key everytime start PC

*Original Title: Bitlocker Key everytime ishut down Surface Pro3

M surface pro 3 need the Bitlocker key everytime I star up now. Help please

VictorLargo, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Bazsl1 Win User

Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?

Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup

Since I have a Surface Book 1 (not 2) that article does not seem to apply. I just tried suspending and reactivating Bit Locker. I then shutdown and restarted the machine without getting the BitLocker key prompt so maybe...

Bazsl1, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?

1. Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup? - Similar Threads - Computer Surface Book

2. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  3. Surface book bitlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface book bitlock: Get rid of bitlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-bitlock/07b906b4-91cb-4907-b351-c2c1ed5ac136
  4. BitLocker recovery key required

BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...
  5. surface book 2, sono bloccato con bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface book 2, sono bloccato con bitlocker: buongiorno, purtroppo a seguito di alcune manipolazioni errate il mio surface book 2 é fermo all'avvio con bitlocker, ho recuperato alcune chiavi, ma non hanno nulla a che vedere. cosa posso fare senza perdere i dati. il problema é che ho modificato il configsys, disattivando...
  6. Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book prompts for Bitlocker key on startup: My Surface Book 1 running Win 10 Pro with all updates installed has started prompting for the Bit Locker key when it is powered on. If I power off and on again it boots without prompting for the Bit Locker key. What causes this? Is there a fix? It is very annoying. Thanks....
  7. BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2: I disabled secure boot and was prompted for BitLocker recovery. The prompt provides key ID, drive label and a link. (windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey). Unfortunately, I did not back up the BitLocker key before I changed secure boot. The only useful option at the link is to...
  8. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  9. Disable the Detach Key for Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable the Detach Key for Surface Book 2: How can I disable the detach screen key on the keyboard on my Surface Book 2? I need to disable this keyboard key for now and be able to enable it when I need it....
  10. Bitlocker Process - 2 bek (startup) keys and one recovery key

Bitlocker Process - 2 bek (startup) keys and one recovery key: I don't know if this what should happen but I was watching the process of key storage as I went through the BitLocker encryption process. To see what was happening on the usb drive to which I was saving the startup and recovery keys I had to enable 'show system files' in...