Windows 10: Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep

Discus and support Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I had this problem many months ago and it went away. Suddenly it is back and I have not changed any of my settings. WHY?????... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by nevillematthews1, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep

I had this problem many months ago and it went away.

Suddenly it is back and I have not changed any of my settings.

WHY?????

:)

nevillematthews1, Mar 21, 2020
  2. KevinEA Win User

Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Mar 21, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep

1. Computer switches of then on again and does full boot when waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Computer switches again

2. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  3. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hi, I need help with my pc. I am using a laptop with Windows 11 Home Ryzen 5500U, I keep getting blue screen while using my laptop, this usually happens when waking the pc after sleep and when I am on battery only. most of the time the error says Stop code:...
  4. HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep: Not sure what to do with this any more. I have a 300x Toshiba HDD for storing large files. Every time I wake my pc from sleep, the HDD will vanish. I cannot find it using Disk Management or any other method.Tried:- Updating/reinstalling drivers- Changing the SATA port-...
  5. HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD disappears when waking computer from sleep: Not sure what to do with this any more. I have a 300x Toshiba HDD for storing large files. Every time I wake my pc from sleep, the HDD will vanish. I cannot find it using Disk Management or any other method.Tried:- Updating/reinstalling drivers- Changing the SATA port-...
  6. No password protection at Startup, but does when waking from sleep

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No password protection at Startup, but does when waking from sleep: I've a problem with my new laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed. I wish to password protect it. In Settings>Accounts>Sign-In Options I have selected the option to require sign in when computer awakes from sleep. And indeed when it wakes from sleep I have to enter my pin,...
  7. When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...: Sequence of events to replicate this: Let the PC idle for 30 minutes -> It goes into a sleep mode. Wake it up Either by keyboard/mouse/power button...etc At this point, clicking windows button/Trying to open task manager/Try to open any executable apps chrome, file...
  8. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  9. BSOD when waking computer from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when waking computer from sleep: Hello My PC will sometimes get a BSOD when waking it up after long hours of sleep, this does not happen reliably and I have no idea how to reproduce it. My GPU and CPU is overclocked however they have caused no issues during general use and gaming. 67440
  10. Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer unresponsive when waking from sleep: Computer: Page Not Found | HP® Official Site I've sent it in once to replace the motherboard and replaced the SSD drive on my own Every now and then, maybe 1% of the time, when trying to wake the computer from sleep mode, the power button will turn on, the wifi light...