Windows 10: Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

Discus and support Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my computer Asus windows 10 keeps switching off when unplugged or switches off after a while (not always, it sometimes goes down to 30% or even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CamilleQuignon, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

So my computer Asus windows 10 keeps switching off when unplugged or switches off after a while (not always, it sometimes goes down to 30% or even less). Every security software tells me the battery is healthy and the drivers are up to date. I even had windows reinstalled at some point because the blue screen wouldn't let me through.

Before I can have the hardware fixed I thought I'd ask because even now when I leave it plugged in (I also have Asus battery health charging that supposedly leaves the computer at either 80 or 60% charged) when I switch it off (properly) when I switch it back on, it will show the date and hour at which I switched it off... Any idea what's going on? I tried to do sfc scannow but it wouldn't even start.

Cheers for any intel

:)

CamilleQuignon, Jan 27, 2019

2. My computer is randomly rebooting

My computer is randomly rebooting

Anthony Osburn, Jan 27, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Randomly failing to load webpages?

On my computer, Google Chrome, IE9 and Firefox 4 all randomly fail to load webpages. A few quick points:

• This happens even on a fresh install of Windows (and on my previous install as well)
    • I thought it might have been my ISP's DNS server failing, so I switched to Google DNS and it still randomly fails
    • My router is a homemade machine featuring a 2GHz P4 Celeron, 256MB SDR memory, and a 512MB CF card as the hard drive running the generic x86 DD-WRT client
    • I've rebooted my modem/router many times and the problem persists
    • I am no longer using my surge protector to protect my modem, the coaxial cable runs straight from the wall to the modem
    What should I do?

4. newtekie1 Win User

Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

rebooting

Try turning off automatic restart on system failure and see if it is giving a blue-screen before it reboots. That might at least give you an error message or code so you can start your troubleshooting from there. Otherwise it is just a shot in the dark. It could be bad RAM, bad HDD, bad ODD, a bad cable somewhere, PSU dying, motherboard dying, a software issue and the list goes on...

http://z.about.com/6g/ip/284/29.htm?s=pcsupport

I don't think he ever said it reboots during the boot process. It just randomly reboots while the computer is running.

newtekie1, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date

1. Computer switching off randomly or rebooting with yesterday's hour and date - Similar Threads - Computer switching off

2. Computer does not switch off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer does not switch off: When I switch off the laptop, the screen turns off but the computer does not . Only holding down the power button for a long time effectively turns it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-does-not-switch-off/6ac28db5-00de-4bcd-93a3-7089197ca46f
  3. Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off: I have just bought a new desktop with windows 11. My old computer had a Oneclick adapter to turn my screen and printer off/on when the computer was switched on /off which works perfectly on the old computer running windows 10, When connected to the new computer periperals...
  4. Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off: I have just bought a new desktop with windows 11. My old computer had a Oneclick adapter to turn my screen and printer off/on when the computer was switched on /off which works perfectly on the old computer running windows 10, When connected to the new computer periperals...
  5. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly switches off: Hi all,My PC is experiencing random shutdowns, it completely switches off at random points throughout the day as if the power went off.It's starting to become more frequent while working.I'm not sure how to debug this so any help with this would be appreciated!...
  6. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly switches off: Hi all,My PC is experiencing random shutdowns, it completely switches off at random points throughout the day as if the power went off.It's starting to become more frequent while working.I'm not sure how to debug this so any help with this would be appreciated!...
  7. PC randomly switches off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. computer reboots randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer reboots randomly: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> +<System> <Provider...
  9. reboot computer to an earlier date

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reboot computer to an earlier date: How do I reboot my computer to an earlier date? Lost data and would like to go back and recover https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reboot-computer-to-an-earlier-date/7bfcd688-3322-43a5-b71b-bc44922df0eb
  10. Random power offs & reboots

in Windows 10 Support
    Random power offs & reboots: The PC is a fairly old custom built machine with an Asus P6T motherboard running Win 10/64 Home Build 1703. It has started powering off and rebooting itself at random times. When it does this it reboots 3 times, gets itself to the Recovery partition, and then shows the...