Windows 10: computer switching off when idle

Discus and support computer switching off when idle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had to have my hard drive replaced on my desktop computer - as a result of this when my computer is left idle - at present set for 15 mins - i cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EB3364, Jul 13, 2019.

1. EB3364 Win User

computer switching off when idle

I had to have my hard drive replaced on my desktop computer - as a result of this when my computer is left idle - at present set for 15 mins - i cannot restart it unless i switch it off and on - this was not the case prior to hard drive replacement - it went idle after 15 mins and then once i moved the mouse it came on - if i put it to sleep now i just have to move the mouse and it will come on but i would like to be able to do the same when it has been left idle - any solutions how to fix this ?

:)

EB3364, Jul 13, 2019
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 13, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. computer switching off when idle - Similar Threads - computer switching off

2. Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off: I have just bought a new desktop with windows 11. My old computer had a Oneclick adapter to turn my screen and printer off/on when the computer was switched on /off which works perfectly on the old computer running windows 10, When connected to the new computer periperals...
  3. Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch on/off peripherals with the computer on/off: I have just bought a new desktop with windows 11. My old computer had a Oneclick adapter to turn my screen and printer off/on when the computer was switched on /off which works perfectly on the old computer running windows 10, When connected to the new computer periperals...
  4. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  5. Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle

Computer will not suspend or turn off Monitor when Idle: Hi allI have a surface laptop studio and for reasons that I will not bore you with, I just had to re-install the entire machine. The reinstall is complete but the one thing that I have noticed is that despite me setting the power settings the way I like it,, the system will...
  6. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  7. Computer BSOD when Idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer BSOD when Idle: Hello, I need some assistance trying to figure out what is causing my computer to crash/BSOD when I'm idling. I can play high-end games, have video meetings and utilize Chrome with 20+ tabs without issues for hours. When I close my programs and walk away for 20+ minutes, my...
  8. Computer turns off randomly when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns off randomly when left idle: Hello supporters.Yes, I'm repeating other folk's topic's name, but he didn't get answer.Anyway the problem I'm having is this.My computer is recently build.My PC now is thisYes, I'm running 3 monitors.and I have multiple HD and SSD. Windows is installed on the m.2I had...
  9. Computer turns off randomly when left idle

Computer turns off randomly when left idle: Hello supporters.Yes, I'm repeating other folk's topic's name, but he didn't get answer.Anyway the problem I'm having is this.My computer is recently build.My PC now is thisYes, I'm running 3 monitors.and I have multiple HD and SSD. Windows is installed on the m.2I had...
  10. Computer restarting when idling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting when idling: I have had a series of problems following recent Windows 10 Updates. Everything seems to have slowed down. The most recent issue is that my PC is restarting whenever I leave it idling for any length of time. Can anyone help?...