Windows 10: Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update

Discus and support Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Acer Aspire XC-704 Ever since I updated my computer with KB4505903 to 18362.267 yesterday, my computer would boot into the login screen normally.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephT71, Jul 27, 2019.

1. JosephT71 Win User

Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update

Acer Aspire XC-704

Ever since I updated my computer with KB4505903 to 18362.267 yesterday, my computer would boot into the login screen normally. But after I typed in my password, my computer screen would be completely black with a mouse pointer for 5 minutes (I timed it with my watch) and then the computer would show the desktop screen normally.

And the Microsoft app store (Canada) would show the front page normally. But when I press "downloads and updates", the app store would have the circle spinning forever.

:)

JosephT71, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer takes 5 minutes to boot after KB4505903 update - Similar Threads - Computer takes minutes

2. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  3. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after 5 minutes of boot: Hi My PC was working fine until yesterday. This morning I opened it up to clean out dust, like I usually do every few months. Since then, it take much longer to boot up, almost 4 to 5 minutes I can use the device for another 5 minutes but it is slow and then a blue screen...
  4. BSOD after 5 minutes of boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  6. KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    KB4505903 update causing my computer to NOT sleep: Immediately upon rebooting from the installation of this update my computer will not sleep more than 10-20 seconds and immediately goes back to full power. Removing the update makes it sleep PERFECTLY. Does anyone know how to fix this? Are there undocumented setting...
  7. update failure KB4505903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update failure KB4505903: Source Windows Modules Installer Worker Summary CbsPackageServicingFailure2 Date ‎7/‎27/‎2019 7:44 AM Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070003: 2019-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems...
  8. Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7

Windows 10 taking 5+ minutes to boot after updating from Windows 7: I recently updated from Windows 7 and noticed an extremely slow boot time, but I'm not sure what's causing it? I've updated my graphics drivers and I am still receiving these slow boot times. Any suggestions?...
  9. booting up takes 4-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting up takes 4-5 minutes: After installing windows 10 booting up takes at least 4-5 minutes which is frustrating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-takes-4-5-minutes/c6e90396-8c19-442f-b455-15a3aa72d7d0
  10. Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up

Computer Freezes after 5 or minutes booting up: My PC freezes after 5 minutes of being logged in. (Windows 10) However I can still move the mouse, click on things but nothing will happen I sometimes also get a "Microsoft windows is not responding' popup, I cant interact with that either I checked task manager and it...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after installing windows 10 update kb4505903 my computer takes three minutes to get from the lockscreen to the desktop?