Windows 10: Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot

Discus and support Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a least a week now where my computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors even though I have tried doing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MyComputerHasFallenAndCan, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot

I have had this problem for a least a week now where my computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors even though I have tried doing that multiple times which fixed absolutely nothing. I have also ran a memory diagnostic as well as many disk checks and CHKDSK in cmd as admin and nothing is helping. chkdsk did say some errors found but it couldn't continue because it was in read only mode. It said a few file record segments followed by a few numbers and letters were "orphans" which I don't have the foggiest idea about. It also said /f parameter wasn't specified so I ran chkdsk /f but it told me the type of file system is NTFS. Cannot lock current drive. It also said chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. All of which I did not understand.

I have a dell inspiron computer and specs if that helps

ryzen 7 2700

radeon rx 580

16 gb 2400 mhz

1 tb 7200rpm hard drive

windows 10

Also a few hours before this post I had a bsod that was really weird looking I got a picture of it on my phone and I could not read the stop code. What does this even mean??

Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot 6a040822-8866-41be-b236-94cfb6a8977b?upload=true.png

:)

MyComputerHasFallenAndCan, Jul 9, 2020
  2. CountMike Win User

Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

Just use Hard Disk Sentinel Download Hard Disk Sentinel - MajorGeeks to ascertain it's physical health first.

Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot [​IMG]

Disk doesn't have to be bad just because of those symptoms.

CountMike, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Niksonrex Win User
    Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

Its random but happens at least once a week.
    Then i restart it and while its shutting down it gets a blue screen and then boots into system repair.

Granted my drive is old, and probably near its end, but i have almost no problems with it anymore. What makes it repair these errors i dont know, and what are these errors i dont know either.

Though i do know i was getting tons of errors a couple of months ago in most games because of the drive. The funny thing is this started happening after i preformed a disc check and repair. I did it just because i wanted to see if i had errors but it made me errors. Im speculating, im not sure about this.

It's annoying because it will "repair'' these errors anyway. So if i want to restart the pc for some program to work or some change to apply i gotta wait 10-30 minutes. It already did this like 3 times.

I can live with it but there is a reason for this and you guys might be able to help, considering the drive isnt dying. Ill get a new one soon but im just curious. Cause i had no issues at all on win 7.

Niksonrex, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot

Getting Error message" The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unxpected error"

Hi Sarah,

I would suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    • Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.
    Please revert if the computer still does not start.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot

1. Computer tells me to restart to repair drive errors every boot - Similar Threads - Computer tells restart

2. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  3. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart to repair drive errors: Hello, about a week ago when I started my PC Windows 10 it said that my C: drive was being repaired and when my PC had started it said there was errors with a drive and that I had to restart my PC. I restarted my PC but the message about an error with a drive kept popping up...
  4. Restart to repair drive errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Restart to repair boot error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restart to repair boot error: Hi, I've been fighting against this issue for quite a long time now.I have also followed the procedure at point 10 here...
  6. Its telling me to repair the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Its telling me to repair the computer: So first off I bought Minecraft java edition on pc and then downloaded it but after I did that I opened the file and it told me to repair the computer so I clicked the repair button and it said I'd finished so I went to the launcher but its saying play demo so I was a little...
  7. Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scanning and Repairing Drive on every boot: Hello. So a few minutes ago, my computer froze at the shut down screen. I forced a shutdown through the power button and after that, Windows 10 informs me that it is scanning and repairing drives. When the computer finally loaded, I checked for errors in the C: drive...
  8. Restart To Repair Drive errors

Restart To Repair Drive errors: So i started getting this message abt 3-4 days back. It is detecting some problem with my C: Drive and it tells me to restart I have currently tried every fix possible DISM, CHKDSK, SFC /SCANNOW, RESTARTING, RUNNING VIRUS CHECK but none of them seem to work. How do i fix...
  9. Restart to Repair Drive Errors

Restart to Repair Drive Errors: I have a 7 year old win10 Dell 660 computer with initially a 2TB HD that was split into C and D. When I started up the computer it has been delayed and noted errors were found on D drive and asked if I wanted to fix it. When I say yes it would attempt to fix it and then...
  10. Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows constantly tells me to "restart to repair drive errors": Its random but happens at least once a week. Then i restart it and while its shutting down it gets a blue screen and then boots into system repair. Granted my drive is old, and probably near its end, but i have almost no problems with it anymore. What makes it repair these...