Windows 10: Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England

Discus and support Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer believes my region is America making my ping unbearably high and it makes me join American servers when I'm gaming. I don't have a real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fwiafiafaiwfiaf, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England

My computer believes my region is America making my ping unbearably high and it makes me join American servers when I'm gaming. I don't have a real idea as to why. My only solution to this ping spike and region change is restarting my computer every time it randomly does this. Please help.

:)

fwiafiafaiwfiaf, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

M-Audio M-Track 2x2 Not Recognized by my computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We appreciate the research and troubleshooting you have done, this issue could be from the software end or from the hardware itself.

Please try few of the troubleshooting below to further eliminate the root cause of the issue.

1. Try to connect the device with a different USB and check if that helps.
    2. Connect the M-track to different computer and check if you still face the issue there, if the issue persists, it could be caused by hardware.

Method 1:

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together, and type
      control printers.
    2. You will see list of all the devices and printers connected to your computer.
    3. Click on Add a device and follow the onscreen instruction and add your device.

Method 2:

1. Uninstall
      all the M-Track drivers
      from device manager.
    2. Reboot the computer and check.

Method 3:

I suggest you login to the manufacturer site,
    download the drivers for your registered device
    and
    install it.

If you still face the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the
    manufacturer and get the hardware checked once.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 10, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    Thinking about getting a 1TB m.2

My first thought was that using a 1TB SSD in what is basically a caching scheme is crazy.

On further thought, it's crazy.*Smile

I'd suggest getting this Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive R/W 3200/2000 MB/s (SB-RKTQ-1TB) - Newegg.com or this Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Internal SSD High Performance Solid State Drive (SB-ROCKET-1TB) - Newegg.com as an alterative to Samsung. If you had a PCI-E 4.0 CPU + motherboard (you do not, at least in your My Computer listing), I'd suggest this: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD Maximum Performance Solid State Drive With Heatsink (SB-ROCKET-NVMe4-HTSK-1TB) - Newegg.com.

bobkn, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England

Windows Live Movie Maker

Hi,

As you are facing issue with Windows Live Movie Maker, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key, type Control Panel
      and select the same from the list.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    • Locate Windows Live Essential then click
      Uninstall/Change.
    • When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    • Restart your computer after the repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England

1. Computer thinks I'm in America but I live in England - Similar Threads - Computer thinks I'm

2. It thinks I live in Amherstburg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It thinks I live in Amherstburg: You know that little temperature thing at the bottom of the screen? news and interests For some reason it thinks I live in Amherstburg and every time I try to change it, it doesn't change and stays the same and when I told it to detect my location it said Amherstburg. Is...
  3. It thinks I live in Amherstburg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It thinks I live in Amherstburg: You know that little temperature thing at the bottom of the screen? news and interests For some reason it thinks I live in Amherstburg and every time I try to change it, it doesn't change and stays the same and when I told it to detect my location it said Amherstburg. Is...
  4. It thinks I live in Amherstburg

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. i think i'm infected.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i think i'm infected.: i was trying to download off a website i didn't trust. kaspersky was running, so i figured i'd be fine. i had adblock and clicked on the legitimate download link, i was expecting to download a .rar file but it downloaded a .msi installer (sorta like exes, i'm not sure if...
  6. I think I'm being hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think I'm being hacked.: Every time I startup my laptop a cmd pops up and does something then closes and when I check my logs a find this. I found another question on here just like it and they didn't give a perfect awnser all they said was somebody might be trying to hack into it and im lazy so...
  7. i think i'm being hacned!

i think i'm being hacned!: I feel my hp windows 10 is threatened by a hacker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-think-im-being-hacned/5198c22d-9665-48ce-a103-bd058f8c6e8f
  8. I'm hacked I think

I'm hacked I think: Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found...
  9. +91-9876425548 Mantra To Control Girlfriend/ Boyfriend ( in england america usa australia)

+91-9876425548 Mantra To Control Girlfriend/ Boyfriend ( in england america usa australia): +91-9876425548 Mantra To Control Girlfriend/ Boyfriend ( in england america usa australia) +91-9876425548 Mantra To Control Girlfriend/ Boyfriend ( in england america usa australia +91-9876425548 Mantra To Control Girlfriend/ Boyfriend ( in england america usa australia)...
  10. HELP! Time's Changed And Now I'm In Central America

in Windows 10 Support
    HELP! Time's Changed And Now I'm In Central America: Since day one this has been my Date/Time/Location Region settings. Somewhere in the last 24 hours this has changed on it's own. If I disable Set Time Auto & Set Time Zone Auto, I can revert the Time Zone back to Central US & Canada. If I re-enable the Auto switches I revert...