Windows 10: computer timed shutdown

Discus and support computer timed shutdown in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I need to know how to shut down and wake up my computer specific times. any and all help appreciated.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KeithChesterman1, Aug 4, 2019.

1. computer timed shutdown

Hi, I need to know how to shut down and wake up my computer specific times. any and all help appreciated.

:)

KeithChesterman1, Aug 4, 2019

2. The computer shutdown itself restart?

Hi Tín,

A computer can shutdown based on the instructions given to its power settings. If you are using a laptop, there’s an option that when you are just closing a lid, it can shutdown your computer.
    To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution to your concern, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What activity are you performing that may trigger to shutdown your computer?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of your power settings?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop computer?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Time computer takes to boot up

Hi,

It is possible that it takes too long to boot up after the update because the Fast Startup is disabled. To efficiently assist you, we'd like to know what troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to enable Fast Startup. This helps start your computer faster after shutdown:

• Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
    • If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
    • Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
    • Restart the computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

computer timed shutdown

Windows 10 up time

Hi Martin,

The main reason why "Up time" won't reset, even you restart your computer, is the fast startup (enabled by default).

Note: If fast startup is enabled, shutdown isn't really shutdown, but something closer to "log the user off and then hibernate".

To reset the "Up time", we suggest disabling the fast startup. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

computer timed shutdown

1. computer timed shutdown - Similar Threads - computer timed shutdown

2. shutdown the computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown the computer: when i use the window buttom and try to shutdown the computer this way,sometime it work but other time,it is not work. i know about the shortcut of window icon +x but i am curious about the way i have always using the regular way to shutdown the computer. someone know the...
  3. Computer Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Shutdown: Hi, I am experiencing random computer shutdowns. I have gone through all of my parts of my PC with various tests and cannot find any fault. The screen simply turns black, as if i had plugged by PC out from the wall. What can i do to find out what is causing this problem? i...
  4. Computer shutdown

Computer shutdown: Hi my computer is Lenovo all in one my problem is computer shutdown every 30 munited https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutdown/82189cdc-2816-4be2-8ccb-b5fe6949a49f
  5. Computer Shutdown

Computer Shutdown: When ever I turn off my computer it acts as if it shutdown, it closes all my tabs too, and says they closed unexpectedly. If there is any way to fix this in a simple way without it risking my computer then please help me, If the way to fix it is super complicated, I think...
  6. Computer shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer shutdown: Error lvrs64.sys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shutdown/2e380b37-dab7-4ae8-ab9a-57c06499a98d
  7. Computer shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shutdowns: when playing games be they microsoft games or others computer shuts down for no reason. start up does not suggest forced shutdowns etc. Computer is a HP Laptop RTL8821CE...
  8. computer shutdown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    computer shutdown: so let me begin by saying I live in Arizona so is pretty hot right now today my computer shutdown itself and the strange thing the modem did a total reboot I check of overeating computer parts but everything is fine I have a feeling I'm being hack but I don't know to how...
  9. Computer shutdown

Computer shutdown: my pc using windows 10 will start fine, but then will unexpectedly close after 5-10 minutes. Then when restarted it runs fine. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-shutdown/c8d24f1f-8d5b-4a22-972a-26b3a7c05a4c
  10. Shutdown time

Shutdown time: Since the Fall update my computer takes ages to shut down. It still starts and restarts in the same time. I am using an SSD. Everything else is OK. Any advice appreciated. Thank you for looking 96983