Windows 10: Computer totally dead

Discus and support Computer totally dead in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 15 (L521X) running Windows 10. Yesterday I ran a windows update with the pc plugged in. When I came back to the computer, the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/o-long-johnson, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Computer totally dead

I have a Dell XPS 15 (L521X) running Windows 10. Yesterday I ran a windows update with the pc plugged in. When I came back to the computer, the screen was black and would not respond to me turning it on via the power button. Even the battery indicator light doesn’t work.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/o-long-johnson
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/o-long-johnson, Jun 16, 2020

2. I am not able switch off the computer totally

Hi Thommy,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

We need more information to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Have you made any changes to the power settings prior to the issue?

• Is your system up to date?
    As per the description, this issue may arise if the power settings are not configured properly. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.

• Click on When I press power button
      and choose from the drop down menu to Shutdown.
    Now try to shut down the computer and check if it helps. If the issue persist, follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the below steps sequentially.

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.

• Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.

• You may create the new power plan by clicking on the
      Create a powerplan on left navigation pane.

• Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on
      Next and change the settings accordingly and click on Create.
    After creating the power plan, you may try to shut down the PC and check if it helps.

Step 3:

You may try to run the Power troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue. It will find and fix problems with your computers power settings. Follow the steps given below:

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the
      Control Panel

• Click on View all on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Power.

• Click on Advanced on the
      Power
      dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Power troubleshooter.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know the required information if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Lumia 540 totally dead

I need help guys .. my Lumia 540 was at Nokia care to replace the camera as it was not working .. when i got it back the phone wouldn't start it reaches the windows logo for two seconds and restarts .. I tried hard reset but failed .. then I tried windows
    recovery tool .. after it started flashing it got me an error and the phone is totally dead after that .. the phone now doesn't even show the charging sign totally black silent screen. What should I do ? Is it the motherboard ?

esamagdyhabib, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Computer totally dead

Building a computer for a friend

Any reason for listing the 3820? Socket 2011 is total overkill for what your looking for. Socket AM3+ would be more appropriate.

My build suggestion, just pick a case your friend likes the looks of. System Builder

BarbaricSoul, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer totally dead

1. Computer totally dead - Similar Threads - Computer totally dead

2. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is dead: I have an hp all in one desktop I love Model: 24-DP0014 And it is dead. The tech said no idea we tried the 15 sec reboot he says scrapIt but it’s only 2 years old. Has this been a problem and does it need to be just scrapped?...
  3. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is dead: I have an hp all in one desktop I love Model: 24-DP0014 And it is dead. The tech said no idea we tried the 15 sec reboot he says scrapIt but it’s only 2 years old. Has this been a problem and does it need to be just scrapped?...
  4. Computer is dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Resote is totally dead: I have used windows 10 since its introduction, doing all updates, etc as needed.none of which seemed to create any serious issues.I am Using 64 bit version, Build OS 19045.3324 version 22h2 with the“windows feature Experience pack 1000.19041.1000.0I am the sole user and...
  6. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Resote is totally dead: I have used windows 10 since its introduction, doing all updates, etc as needed.none of which seemed to create any serious issues.I am Using 64 bit version, Build OS 19045.3324 version 22h2 with the“windows feature Experience pack 1000.19041.1000.0I am the sole user and...
  7. System Resote is totally dead

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  9. Issue with a dead computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with a dead computer.: Hello, I went in to fix a fan in my laptop and I think I shorted out the thing because it will not power on. I scavenged the hard drive from the machine and hooked it to my desktop to try and take my data off of it, however a normal file system does not appear. All that is...
  10. Computer dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer dead: I was doing some work on the computer this morning, when the power went out for a couple of hours. Tried numerous times to get it going again, but it kept freezing up on me, every time I would force a reboot, it would end up freezing. I finally ended up getting a message...