Windows 10: Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

Discus and support Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, i’m trying to fix a family members computer which updated to Windows 10 2004 overnight back in August. Upon reboot the entire user profile was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ragtag_ozone, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

Hello, i’m trying to fix a family members computer which updated to Windows 10 2004 overnight back in August. Upon reboot the entire user profile was wiped clean; all downloads, documents, user preferences, and firefox bookmarks are gone. I’ve checked to make sure its not logged into a different profile and that is not the case. Is this a known bug with the update? I tried uninstalling the latest updates and when it asked to restart, it downloaded a new update. On top of this firefox doesn’t remember new bookmarks and it’s like the PC is reset every time it reboots. All of the system restore points are gone and i’m not sure how to fix it. I’m not well versed in computers except common fixes so i apologize if this is common knowledge

submitted by /u/ragtag_ozone
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ragtag_ozone, Sep 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Sep 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 21, 2020
  4. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

OldNavyGuy, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update?

1. Computer totally reset after Windows 10 2004 update? - Similar Threads - Computer totally reset

2. slow computer after win 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow computer after win 10 2004 update: This update completely ruined a good gaming Dell computer! The update took 8 hours to install and not only did it slow my computer to a crawl, it erased all of the restore points, made me select a pin for a sign in instead of my Microsoft account password, games that worked...
  3. Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Total Lock Up since Windows 10 2004 update: I have a new Asus Gamers Republic laptop I don't have much on it I only watch netflix, hulu, check email and FB and play asphalt 9 and DAOC and also I use Discord but Asphalt 9 updated and would not open without new update windows 10 2004 and since update I can open...
  4. Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset

Windows 10 Update Results in a Total System Reset: Yesterday Windows automatically underwent a major upgrade, I assume from 1903 to 2004. After a few reboots, I logged into my account to find that the system was totally reset, like out of the box. All of my custom settings were reset. The library links were not connected to...
  5. Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer painstakingly slow after 2004 update: So I've had an issue with this update for a while now. I've gone as far as disabling updates to completely stop it from installing, and I just recently did a full backup as a precaution I decided to try installing it again and the issue is returned. After the update, my PC...
  6. Windows reset not completing after 2004 update

Windows reset not completing after 2004 update: [IMG] Hello I recently upgraded my Dell Inspiron 3567 8Gb 2Tb to 2004 version of Windows. After a couple of days I had issues with my pc getting slow. later, I could not login to windows as Dell Support Assist detected a problem in OS, and I performed a reset by opting to...
  7. Windows 10 Update 2004 has totally destabilized my computer hard drives

Windows 10 Update 2004 has totally destabilized my computer hard drives: Yesterday, August 5 2020, I installed the Windows 10 Update #2004 May and ever since then I have been having stabilization issues with my computer. I have 3 hard drives: - C: 512Gb m.2 NVME - D: 512Gb SSD drive for games - G: 256Gb SSD drive for games I keep my Steam...
  8. Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster

Windows 10 2004 ... total disaster: 2 Desktop terminals used for Work and losing money and reputation when they wont work. Both have updated to v2004 and the growing list of broken features is making me seriously look at other platforms. Every year now we get a big update that brings a host of often pointless...
  9. Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc

Not receiving 2004 update after resetting my pc: I have received the 2004 feature update but I didn't install it. For some reason I had to reset my pc I didn't wanted my files back so I made a factory reset now I am not getting 2004 update anymore what's the problem...
  10. Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer will not shutdown fully after 2004 update.: At times when I decided to shut down my pc, only the monitors will turn off, but the rgb and fans will continue spinning indefinitely. Pressing the keyboard or mouse button does nothing. It's not any kind of sleep because I have disabled those. I have also disable fast...