Windows 10: Computer turn off while updating

Discus and support Computer turn off while updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by filipsvajger, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Computer turn off while updating

Hello so i wanted to install new version of Windows which is 1909 I am on 1803 whenever i try to do it, it come to 21 % and then my computer shut down and doesn't start again. I recently bought new power supply and computer never turn off, only while its updating. I did sfc /scannow and fixed database corruption problem but that doesn't help. Its really annoying, if any of you know solution or suggestion please it would be very helpful.

If you need data from my event manager i can post it.

:)

filipsvajger, Jan 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Computer turn off while updating :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User

Hi,

This issue might be due to changes on Settings after an update.

We would like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Are you using Microsoft account to sign-in into the user account?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try the steps provided below:

• Right click Start Button or press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • On the Sign-in options screen, scroll down and under
      Privacy section, turn Off the Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart option.
    • Close Settings app and restart the machine, check if the issue is resolved.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Computer turn off while updating

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer turn off while updating

1. Computer turn off while updating - Similar Threads - Computer turn off

2. While updating instead of restarting it turned off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    While updating instead of restarting it turned off: while updating windows 10, when it said laptop will restart multiple times, at 40% my screen brightness goes down and my laptop shutdowns https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-updating-instead-of-restarting-it-turned-off/295bb562-0365-42ac-85cf-496bd41c1069
  3. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: When i turn on my PC, only Asus logo shows up and than the screen go full black with little white - on top left All i can do is going to the BIOS and dont know what to do...
  4. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: When i turn on my PC, only Asus logo shows up and than the screen go full black with little white - on top left All i can do is going to the BIOS and dont know what to do...
  5. I turned off my computer while it was updating

6. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: I have an ASUS computer and i turned it on and it updated. it stayed at 100% a little too long for my liking, and none of the buttons i pressed helped aid this process, so i pressed the power button and now it wont turn on. The only sign that it isn't dead is that a light...
  7. I turned off my computer while it was updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer while it was updating: I have an ASUS computer and i turned it on and it updated. it stayed at 100% a little too long for my liking, and none of the buttons i pressed helped aid this process, so i pressed the power button and now it wont turn on. The only sign that it isn't dead is that a light...
  8. I turned off my computer while it was updating

9. I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating

I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating: Hello, so last night I accidentally turned off my computer while it was updating, and now it won't turn on. I have a lenovo computer and when I turn it on the lenovo logo would show and then the screen would go completely black, but I can hear the fan going etc. Please tell...
  10. Windows turns itself off while updating

Windows turns itself off while updating: Everytime I try to update my Windows it shuts itself down around 27%~48% and when I reboot it it reverts to the previous version so I'm never able to update my computer....