Windows 10: Computer turned off during system restore point

Discus and support Computer turned off during system restore point in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i think windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by _174Imbored, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Computer turned off during system restore point

i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i think windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i have tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt commands is there a way to recover the image

:)

_174Imbored, Feb 4, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CComputer turned off during system restore point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CComputer turned off during system restore point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Cannot Create System Restore Point Because Cannot Turn On System Protection

In Control Panel/System/System Properties/System Protection, "Available Drives," all that is listed is "Searching..." No drives are located, so no System Restore point can be established.

How to fix?

I have an extensive active thread in another area of the community dealing with the failure of this PC to install the latest Windows 10 update. Prior to executing the next suggested step to fix that problem I need to create a System Restore point, so a
    solution to this issue must be found before I can move forward on the major problem.

YES, I have ALREADY run the SFC Command as Administrator and the report was that everything was A-OK.

Curmudgeon10, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Pinchy Win User

Computer turned off during system restore point

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer turned off during system restore point

1. Computer turned off during system restore point - Similar Threads - Computer turned off

2. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  3. Restarted during system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i thing windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i iv’e tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt command is there a way to recover the image...
  4. Help! Turned off laptop during system restore!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Turned off laptop during system restore!: So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on that same thing for over 2 hours. Now when i turn on my laptop it only displays the brand name which is Lenovo and just turns...
  5. System Restore Points turned off after Major Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Points turned off after Major Updates: Today I did the update to Version 1903. After the update I went to see if I had restore points as after the last Major update it was turned off and I lost all my restore points. Alas, again, the system restore was turned off so I again lost all my restore points. Why do...
  6. HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!

HELP! Turned off laptop during system restore!: So as the title says I turned off my laptop during a system restore. I think while it said it was restoring registries. I did this because it was on that same thing for over 2 hours. Now when i turn on my laptop it only displays the brand name which is Lenovo and just turns...
  7. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  8. Fall Update - Restore Points Turned Off

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Update - Restore Points Turned Off: The fall update removes all restore points - cannot restore to prior to update. Also, it turns off protection settings in CP/System Protection/Configure. You will have to press button to turn on system protection and assign disk space for restore points. Would probably be...
  9. Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Accidentally turned off the computer while in system restore: So I was doing a system restore on my newly upgraded Windows 10. It was stuck at 46% so I restarted it (which was a stupid thing I know). After that the laptop won't go beyond the black screen. Whenever I boot the laptop the lenovo logo appears and the black screen after and...
  10. No System Restore Point Created During Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    No System Restore Point Created During Microsoft Update: I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 this past week. All is well except for one thing. I received an update from Microsoft yesterday (Cumulative Update for Win 10 - KB3081424) and noted during the installation that no restore point was created. System Protection is ON and I am...