Windows 10: Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

Discus and support Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally turned off my pc when it was updating and now my computer is stuck turning on, quickly says reverting changes then restarts. I am unsure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YardenGriffith, May 21, 2020.

1. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

I accidentally turned off my pc when it was updating and now my computer is stuck turning on, quickly says reverting changes then restarts. I am unsure of what to do.

:)

YardenGriffith, May 21, 2020
  2. jkr88 Win User

Windows keep repeating the same "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off computer"

When I start-up, I get:

"Windows updating

Don't turn off computer"

After several minutes I get:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

Followed by:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

I then turn off the computer, wait 30 seconds and turn back on. Everthing seem OK for several days; then it repeats the above. Any suggestions?

jkr88, May 21, 2020
  3. Computer hangups - stuck on restart

I have a Dell laptop running windows 10. Recently on restart it is getting stuck. I have to turn it off and back on until it goes into repair mode and gives me some options to troubleshoot. If I pick option 7 which reboots without app permissions I believe
    it will come back with some apps greyed out. So I can never update windows 10 anymore, or let the computer restart for any reason, or I have to go through the same steps again. I always get the message that changes could not be made. I tried all the recover
    options, with or without saving files, reinstalling windows 10, to no avail. It runs OK but I want to be able to do updates and so on, and want to restore my computer back to normal. Any suggestions?

CraigMcCausland, May 21, 2020
  4. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

1. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat - Similar Threads - Computer turned off

2. My computer will not restart after an update and now is stuck in a loop of undoing changes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer will not restart after an update and now is stuck in a loop of undoing changes...: 1. My computer shut down in the middle of an update due to low battery.2. I turned it back on3. The update is stuck at 7%4. I try to access the automatic repair but the repair does not show up shift + f8 and hard shut down 3+ times5.The "undoing changes" blue screen is not...
  3. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?: On Wednesday 17:00 CATI forgot the password bypassed my lenovo laptop and I bypassed it, did all the steps and it showed a window 10 logo and restart from 1 % so, right now it turns on and restart repeatedly for almost 13 hours. Anyone with the solution is welcome...
  4. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?: On Wednesday 17:00 CATI forgot the password bypassed my lenovo laptop and I bypassed it, did all the steps and it showed a window 10 logo and restart from 1 % so, right now it turns on and restart repeatedly for almost 13 hours. Anyone with the solution is welcome...
  5. What causes the laptop to turn off and restart repeatedly?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. computer turns off during update

computer turns off during update: I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this...
  7. Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update

Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update: I use a Thinkpad T440p with Windows 10 on it. As the 20H2 update got released, I got notifications to install it.I tried once and it got stuck at 26%. I didn't mind it and thought that it would continue on. But after sometime when I came to check on it, it had been turned of...
  8. OK to turn off computer during update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  9. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  10. Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously

Restarted computer to install update, now computer turns on and off continuously: I'm not sure what update it was, but I told it to go ahead and restart...but it never came back on after the restart. My computer turns on and off repeatedly, I cannot start it in safe mode, I cannot do anything...it just turns on and off over and over every few seconds....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i turned off my computer during an update