Windows 10: Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

Discus and support Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I accidentally turned off my pc when it was updating and now my computer is stuck turning on, quickly says reverting changes then restarts. I am unsure... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by YardenGriffith, May 21, 2020 at 1:02 PM.

1. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

I accidentally turned off my pc when it was updating and now my computer is stuck turning on, quickly says reverting changes then restarts. I am unsure of what to do.

:)

YardenGriffith, May 21, 2020 at 1:02 PM
  2. jkr88 Win User

Windows keep repeating the same "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off computer"

When I start-up, I get:

"Windows updating

Don't turn off computer"

After several minutes I get:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

Followed by:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

I then turn off the computer, wait 30 seconds and turn back on. Everthing seem OK for several days; then it repeats the above. Any suggestions?

3. Computer hangups - stuck on restart

I have a Dell laptop running windows 10. Recently on restart it is getting stuck. I have to turn it off and back on until it goes into repair mode and gives me some options to troubleshoot. If I pick option 7 which reboots without app permissions I believe
    it will come back with some apps greyed out. So I can never update windows 10 anymore, or let the computer restart for any reason, or I have to go through the same steps again. I always get the message that changes could not be made. I tried all the recover
    options, with or without saving files, reinstalling windows 10, to no avail. It runs OK but I want to be able to do updates and so on, and want to restore my computer back to normal. Any suggestions?

CraigMcCausland, May 21, 2020 at 1:07 PM
  4. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2020 at 1:07 PM
Thema:

Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat

1. Computer turned off during update, now stuck in reverting changes restarting repeat - Similar Threads - Computer turned off

2. Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting repeatedly since a 'quality' update: I was prompted to do a 'quality update' on 16 May 2020, which I did overnight. Since then, my computer has restarted repeatedly, even when I am not using it. When I return to it all my apps and documents have been closed. The updates were 2020-05 Cumulative update for .NET...
  3. windows stuck during restart and installing updates

windows stuck during restart and installing updates: i have compaq 621 laptop, i have no issue with windows 7 and windows 8. but in windows 8.1 and windows 10, it stucks during restart and also while installing updates. i have tried that if i disable fast startup , the same problem occurs during shutdown also means that i am...
  4. Computer turned off during system restore point

Computer turned off during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i think windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i have tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt commands is there a way to recover the image...
  5. Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off computer during Attempting Repairs, and now it won't boot at all: I'm aware it was a stupid thing to do. I was trying to reboot into the BIOS and instead of going with the old reliable method, I had the brilliant idea of fiddling around with advanced start-up, and accidentally got it to attempt repairs (I think i selected start-up repairs...
  6. Laptop turned off during an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  7. Computer stuck in restarting after update

Computer stuck in restarting after update: after updating my computer it did a restart and it has been stuck since that and wouldn’t stop. my computer is Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-81KB and using Windows 10 Pro...
  8. Laptop turning on and off repeatedly

Laptop turning on and off repeatedly: So after trying to reboot my laptop it started turning on and off repeatedly how do I stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turning-on-and-off-repeatedly/ccee4664-e112-48b4-84b1-d7dc59b470c4
  9. Turned off during recovery

Turned off during recovery: My pc, doesn't load windows after.it switched of during windows recovery, it shows a brand's logo and a blank scrensafter it doesn't show a windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-during-recovery/5e1cca7c-5358-4403-93f2-d7a4fc46c4b0
  10. Repeatedly restarting while turning on the pc

Repeatedly restarting while turning on the pc: Hello, I am using Sony pc. Before it was Windows 7 Home basic and after the update it is now Windows 10 Home. Whenever I turn on the PC there appears a blue screen with :( Your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restarts. After the 100% loading again the PC starts restarting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i turned off my computer during an update