Windows 10: computer turning itself on

Discus and support computer turning itself on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by brendonjames1, Aug 8, 2020.

1. computer turning itself on

Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ?

yours brendon

:)

brendonjames1, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

I have a new-to-me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ...

In the evening, I turn it OFF at START>Power>Shut Off; the light at the ON/OFF power button at the front top left of the computer itself goes off (disappears). I do not turn off the monitor; when the computer is turned off, the screen displays "No VGA device is detected", and goes black.

Then, in the morning, the computer is ON. At some point during the night, the computer turns itself back on. How, why, does it do that? (I assume ... correctly? ... a monitor does not have the capability to turn a computer itself on.)

A Google search yielded a suggestion that it may be the mouse (which in my case is the Logitech Trackball). So, as suggested there, at START>Device Manager>Mice and other pointing devices>HID compliant mouse>Power management, I unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" (even though I don't know what an "HID compliant mouse" is). That evening, I turned the computer off at START>Power>Shut Off; in the morning, it was ON.

Other than unplugging the computer from the wall in the evening, I don't know what to do. I will appreciate any thoughts!

fsinclaire, Aug 8, 2020
  4. computer turning itself on

Computer turns itself on

Hi, I have a windows 10 computer that will never stay off. When I shut my computer off for the night and return home from work my computer will always be on. When I put it in sleep it will randomly turn itself back on?? Any suggestions??

DustinDavis_825, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

computer turning itself on

1. computer turning itself on - Similar Threads - computer turning itself

2. Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10: Community Lately my Lenovo T14 has started to turn on sometime during the night and I can't figure out why. Its hot coming out of hibernation its turn on from having be turned off the night day before. I 've run ... C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History...
  3. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  4. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  5. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  6. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  7. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  8. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...
  10. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100