Windows 10: Computer turning on is a turn off.

Discus and support Computer turning on is a turn off. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pawncob, Sep 29, 2021.

1. pawncob Win User

Computer turning on is a turn off.

My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu shutdown. It still happened. When it happens in sleep mode the system box light shows solid and keyboard/mouse are deactivated. The only remedy is to turn off on the system box and reboot. Because of this I can't use Procmon.exe to find out what's happening.Last night I turned off the net software and also turned off

:)

pawncob, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Computer turning on is a turn off.

1. Computer turning on is a turn off. - Similar Threads - Computer turning turn

2. Computer Turning Off Automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Turning Off Automatically: So for some reason after like around 10 or 20 minutes, my computer will just turn off randomly without a reason. Any idea what is causing this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-automatically/407cd294-6809-49a6-bb5e-e623a011b9aa
  3. Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning off computer and unable to turn screen back on: I have a Windows 10 Surface, and I am experiencing an ongoing issue with the power/screen. When I click the power button to put the computer to sleep but not shut down, I can usually turn it back on shortly. However, if I leave the screen off for too long, I can't turn it...
  4. My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer monitor immediately turns back on after turning off with 'Turn off the display'...: For clarification, I have my display to turn off after ten minutes of inactivity and usually, the monitor would go off and stay off until the mouse was moved or a key pressed. Recently I've noticed that after the ten minutes elapses, the monitor goes to turn off and then...
  5. Computer randomly turns off and on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly turns off and on: Started happening a few days ago, first crash black screened my monitors and a few seconds later turned my computer off and then it turned back on and my computer has been crashing under high load ever since. This is the first crash log: Description A problem with your...
  6. "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Cleanup will be executed. Do not turn off the computer" - What if I turn it off?: My computer hung up, so I fixed it. Then came - as unfortunately usual - a BlueScreen with a ":(". After 10x reboot + BluescreenOfDeath it now suddenly says "Cleanup is in progress. Do not turn off the computer". But I have urgent things to do on the PC, and cleaning...
  7. Computer turns on then off immediately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turns on then off immediately: while I'm using my computer it crashed then showed a blue screen and the error code was system_service_exception i Ieft my computer for several minutes but nothing happened so I restared my computer and it kept turning on then off immediately the whole time can anyone tell me...
  8. WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI turns off on all devices when computer turned off: I have noticed that when I have turned off my computer my wifi turns off on all overs devices. However, when my computer is turned back on, wifi turns on back. What do I have to do?...
  9. Computer Automatically Turns Off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Automatically Turns Off: Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any...
  10. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...