Windows 10: Computer turning to "lock screen" at night

Discus and support Computer turning to "lock screen" at night in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Im downloading a new update for my game at night. Ive disabled everything that could possibly take my computer to sleep mode. But its weird, it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LarsSkogseth, May 27, 2021.

1. Computer turning to "lock screen" at night

Im downloading a new update for my game at night. Ive disabled everything that could possibly take my computer to sleep mode. But its weird, it doesnt go to sleep mode at day time. but at night it goes to the lock screen/start screen and ruins my download. It doesnt turn off the computer but shuts down every program and goes to the start/lock screen. What causes this?

:)

LarsSkogseth, May 27, 2021
  2. pepanee Win User

Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer

Hi Bree. I went to that location and I apparently already have that option set to On. So I was hoping if taking it a step further would fix it, yet it didn't:

What I did was turn Off that setting, restarted the computer. Then after the computer finished loading, I went back to that setting location and turned it back On. I restarted the computer hoping that this 'probably' fixed the little bug, but nope, I accidentally forgot to cross my fingers, hence the Man Cave still haunts me.

pepanee, May 27, 2021
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 27, 2021
  4. Computer turning to "lock screen" at night

Lock screen problem in Win 10

Hi Graham,

Changing some settings on your computer may help resolve. Follow the steps below to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization, then Lock screen.
    • Turn ON Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen switch.
    • Lock your computer to test.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, May 27, 2021
Thema:

Computer turning to "lock screen" at night

1. Computer turning to "lock screen" at night - Similar Threads - Computer turning lock

2. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  3. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  4. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  6. Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night

Computer Turns On At Midnight Every Night: Split from this thread.my question is similar, but reversed. my windows 7 sp1 professional home version keeps starting my computer at 12 midnight every night. have to keep shutting it down. this is getting annoying. how can I stop this from happening?...
  7. turn off locked screen

turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  8. Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night: Hello. For about 4 months now my Windows computer has turned on in the middle of the night. When I enter powercfg -lastwake, it told me the Power Button turned it on, even though I wasn’t touching it. My computer turns on in the middle of the day, too, and it’s an obnoxious...
  9. Night Light will not turn on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light will not turn on: Hi, I have my night light settings set to turn on at sunset and turn off at sunrise but it never turns on. Even if I choose the option 'turn on now' it makes no change, it simply will not turn on. Anyone know how to fix this?...
  10. Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different Lock Screen Picture When Turning On The Computer: Hi, this is a weird bug that I've noticed which is a little different and I prefer to have my Lock Screen picture as the picture when the computer boots up. (Note: I am the only administrator, and there's only this account on my computer) Every time I boot the computer,...