Windows 10: Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.

Discus and support Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, just about 3 or 2 days ago when I try to shut down my computer, I've noticed it turns back on. Not in like the middle of the night or anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by san611, Oct 4, 2022.

1. san611 Win User

Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.

Hello, just about 3 or 2 days ago when I try to shut down my computer, I've noticed it turns back on. Not in like the middle of the night or anything but just as soon as I try to turn it off It instantly turns back on. I've tried to fix this by just searching this up on YouTube and on google but nothing I try seems to work. I've tried the troubleshoot power solution but that didn't work. I've even went to the command prompt strategy by entering "powercfg –lastwake" and "powercfg –devicequery wake_armed". It said my mouse which is not Bluetooth is the only device that could turn my computer on.

:)

san611, Oct 4, 2022
  2. Merliah Win User

Computer is shutting down immediately after turning it on?

This has started to happen recently and I'm worried. It does not happen always but this week it happened more often. Basically when I am turning my computer on, after a beep it's shutting down. With the second time it turns on and it does not list that my computer shut down suddenly, so to get me into safe mode, etc. but it boots normally.

I am not sure what the problem is. I removed an additional small fan I had, since I always had it there in the usb, so I thought it could be causing it, but I removed it. I decided to replace my power adapter, since other times I had problem with that & usually they are heating a lot. I bought a cheaper adapter & still the same. I also noticed that this problem usually happens when I turn on my computer after hours. I tried to turn on/turn off my computer between minutes and it did not happen.

Could it be dust? The CPU? I just hope there isn't any problem with the motherboard.

Merliah, Oct 4, 2022
  3. Computer keeps randomly turning off then instantly turning back on

Computer keeps turning off then instantly turning back on im really frustratded now becausw if tryed loads of things to stop it but nothing works heres a list of what i tried,

turning off automatic restart, haviving a look at the fans speed and it was normanl, having alook at the cpu tempriture it was normal, testing the ram it was working fine.

i cant find a soulotion and i would really appricate help

Finlay O'Reilly, Oct 4, 2022
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Oct 4, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down. - Similar Threads - Computer Turns instantly

2. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  3. Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer SHUTS DOWN instantly while gaming: Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9980XE CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz Motherboard: Prime x299-deluxe ii BIOS 3403Graphics Card: 2080tiInstalled RAM 128 GB 128 GB usable Device ID 12665764-41DA-4F98-80B9-1BDF6F8A6BC4 Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA476 System type 64-bit operating system,...
  4. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  5. My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.

My laptop instantly turns on after i shut it down.: Someone help me pkease https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-instantly-turns-on-after-i-shut-it-down/4de14ecd-2548-4396-8426-108f160d78c8
  6. Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.: Hello, just about 3 or 2 days ago when I try to shut down my computer, I've noticed it turns back on. Not in like the middle of the night or anything but just as soon as I try to turn it off It instantly turns back on. I've tried to fix this by just searching this up on...
  7. Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.

Computer Turns instantly back on when I try to shut down.: Hello, just about 3 or 2 days ago when I try to shut down my computer, I've noticed it turns back on. Not in like the middle of the night or anything but just as soon as I try to turn it off It instantly turns back on. I've tried to fix this by just searching this up on...
  8. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  9. gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer

gvrbackgroundwindow3 appear when I try to shut down computer: Hello, When I shutdown the computer then I always get "gvrbackgroundwindow3" is open and forcing to stop the shutdown or restart process. I have checked all the process in task manager, autorun, process explorer and procmon but there was no such program running in the...
  10. computer keeps shutting down when i try to update it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer keeps shutting down when i try to update it: hello, my computer keeps shutting down whenever i try to update it. it goes to the update screen, gets around the halfway mark, and then completely shuts itself off. when i turn it back on, it undoes all of the update and nothing happens. it keeps prompting me to update and...