Windows 10: Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Discus and support Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bright Eyes, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell problem - YouTube

edit: suggest category/unsure

:)

Bright Eyes, Aug 30, 2016

2. Microsoft pop up about using to much memory, afraid of possible hack.

I was on Facebook and got a pop up stating Microsoft and I was using to much memory and my computer had to restart. clicked on the X to close and it restarted my computer, however it went to a blue screen with white horizontal stripes for several seconds.
    My computer did restart and is working fine at this time but bit concerns me that I might have been hacked. I ran a virus scan with webroot but it was a clean scan. Is anyone having this problem? Does anyone know if this was a hack of my computer? Please
    help.

RhondaRingstad, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Windows 10 upgrade-post upgrade

There are violet and blue stripes at the edges of my computer screen after upgrade to Windows 10.Is it a sign of concern???It is cosmetically very untidy and unasked for.Please do guide me of the possible solutions to avoid it.Sincerely,

Astro-Net., Aug 30, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

id say overheating problem cause of the artifacts showing up and BIOS saving your cpu from melting. any cats / dogs around your house? when have you cleaned out the fans on the laptop?

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  5. Every couple months I suck the vents on the bottom out. No animal fur gets near my laptop and its always on one of those laptop lap desks which is made out of wood. I have never opened up the laptop.

6. Whatphoeb Win User
    Most likely your graphics card has died. Typical cause for this is blown capacitors. Open up your computer, take graphics card out and take a closer look at capacitors.

Whatphoeb, Aug 30, 2016
  7. If this is the case then what is going to happen? is it going to keep getting worse

8. batlhilz Win User

yeah, if its capacitors issue, youre just waiting the day to happen that it wont boot up at all.

edit - incase theres no chance to change the graphics card, that is *Wink

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  9. Do you know where I would get a graphics card if I needed one? is it possible to replace it. What do you suggest I do?

10. batlhilz Win User
    if its the dell inspiron 7737 as mentioned in your system specs, you cant switch the GPU. GPU / CPU most of the times are soldered to the motherboard of the laptop so theyre not changeable.

id just kept the cooling on maximum on the laptop and would use it until it dies completely, worst case scenario is to buy a new laptop/computer. you can buy some time for the capacitors by increasing the cooling, but it wont fix the main issue. theyll "melt down" in some time anyway.

some more pro with fixing those issues might suggest perhaps to open up the laptop and switch the capacitors, but i have no more idea about it. personally i would just get a new laptop when the old one goes down.

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  11. Thank you very much for all the help. Is there a specific application or method you suggest for "cooling"?

12. batlhilz Win User
    clean it up often, keep it in the open area where the air is floating nicely, use sleep / shut down mode whenever you dont use it etc. theres some sort of "cooling pads" sold in the market for few dozen of bucks that has different cooling systems (usb powered fans, for example) etc. ive never used those tho, so cant really tell how good they are :>

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  13. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Alright thanks. And I was doing some scan test on dell's website that said this:

"Your hard drive is operating outside of normal parameters and should be replaced. This system no longer carries a hardware warranty. To purchase a replacement drive, please visit Dell Spare Parts for a compatible replacement part."

14. Can anyone advise me about the smart scan detection? it did not alert me to the graphics card being a problem. Would it have done that, if it is the graphics card? or do I have possibly 2 issues now.

I think my hard drive is failing.

15. So, agree that its the hard drive and not the graphics card now? https://i.imgur.com/XpdIzW5.png

Bright Eyes, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? - Similar Threads - Computer turns blue

2. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  3. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  4. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen: My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images & words can sometimes be seen through it. It does not change orientation when the screen goes from horizontal to vertical, or when...
  5. computer turning itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turning itself on: Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-itself-on/2b496be9-3ddc-4c6a-9f84-f37c883a59d6
  6. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  7. Blue screen of death not restart itself.

Blue screen of death not restart itself.: Please someone help me. I disabled automatic restart if system crash. So in a blue screen its not restart automatically. Just it says "you can restart". But i don't have any idea how to restart my laptop on blue screen. None of mode is working even safe mode also didn't boot....
  8. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  10. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100