Windows 10: Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Discus and support Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Your harddrive is definitely failing, but I cannot determine whether this is the only problem. You could end up that you buy a new HDD and the graphic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bright Eyes, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Tom886 Win User

Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Your harddrive is definitely failing, but I cannot determine whether this is the only problem.
    You could end up that you buy a new HDD and the graphic card or other component are already damaged and the whole laptop won't make it.
    Frankly, from your description, my first thought was, there was liquid spilled on your laptop

Cheers
    Tom

Tom886, Sep 3, 2016

2. There was.... going back and I guess it messed it up over a few months time. Oh well, since then I got a desk cup holder to keep that from happening again.

I was told that the graphics card probably cant be replaced as its likely soldered to the motherboard in other words. I guess best case scenario, I replace the hard drive and its smooth sailing. One of those things you think "please, Id have to be an idiot to do that!" one lonely night falling asleep on my recliner and bang! on the keyboard.

I turned it upside down instantly half way folded, turned it off, and saturated anything I could and vacuumed the vents and keys for extra liquid.

Cant afford another one... should have been more careful. Cant believe I spent 850 on the thing and spilled right on it! *Sad

Bright Eyes, Sep 3, 2016
  3. Carsomyr Win User
    Just an FYI in case you spill again *Wink Immediately turn the power off and take out the battery when you spill on it, and hold the power button down a few seconds. Disassemble it, and depending on what you spilled, either put the components on dry rice (for water) or if it's something like coffee that is super sticky when electrocuted, clean it with Q-tips and rubbing alcohol. If you worked fast enough it won't be damaged Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? :p

EDIT: Actually what did you spill on it? If it was coffee or something sticky you should open it and clean it now. I can't count on my hands and toes how many laptops I have been brought that were functioning improperly that just needed a good cleaning to work right again because the owner was careless and spilled all over it *Biggrin

Carsomyr, Sep 3, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Have you checked Event Viewer to see if there's any related errors?

swarfega, Sep 3, 2016
  5. Related errors? like what, can you explain better.

Bright Eyes, Sep 3, 2016
  6. Thanks! but my current hard drive cant benefit from any of that now right? it was sticky. ice tea mix in water.

message is too short. appreciate all the help.

Bright Eyes, Sep 3, 2016
  7. Carsomyr Win User
    Hard drive probably not, and maybe not the GPU either now that it's been run for however long without being cleaned, but I would still try it anyways. I mean what are you gonna do break it? *Tongue Rubbing alcohol and Q-tips man, and it might just kick back *Biggrin I mean replacing a hard drive is much cheaper than buying another whole laptop, so what do you have to lose?

Carsomyr, Sep 3, 2016
  8. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? [​IMG]

Cloned and replaced hard drive finally. All clear.

Bright Eyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself? - Similar Threads - Computer turns blue

2. Stripes on laptop screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stripes on laptop screen: My old Acer Extensa 5235 screen suddenly looks like this. Hardware or software problem? Anything I can do? One obvious problem is that I don't seem to have access to the settings because the left side is missing. I haven't dropped it, or anything the like....
  3. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  4. Grey Stripe on Computer Screen

Grey Stripe on Computer Screen: My computer recently developed an opaque grey band, about 6cm in the middle of my computer screen. It changes from light grey to black. Images & words can sometimes be seen through it. It does not change orientation when the screen goes from horizontal to vertical, or when...
  5. computer turning itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turning itself on: Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-itself-on/2b496be9-3ddc-4c6a-9f84-f37c883a59d6
  6. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  7. Blue screen of death not restart itself.

Blue screen of death not restart itself.: Please someone help me. I disabled automatic restart if system crash. So in a blue screen its not restart automatically. Just it says "you can restart". But i don't have any idea how to restart my laptop on blue screen. None of mode is working even safe mode also didn't boot....
  8. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. The computer restarts itself

The computer restarts itself: Good morning, Dear Sir / Madam, yesterday I also installed Windows 10 Home on my officially licensed home computer, and when I wanted to install the Avast Premier antivirus software, I blew the desktop image and restarted it. I do not know which is the cause. I'm trying to...
  10. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100