Windows 10: Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

Discus and support Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; This happened right after i installed a PCIe usb3 card and moved my graphics card. Also plugged PCIe into my power supply. Please help. Jumpers look... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by DanThompson9, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

This happened right after i installed a PCIe usb3 card and moved my graphics card. Also plugged PCIe into my power supply.

Please help. Jumpers look good.

:)

DanThompson9, Oct 6, 2020

2. Shutdown then Immediately Restarts

Try below command:

Code:
    If above command wont work try below suggestion.

1. Click the “K” menu in the bottom left corner.
    2. Click “Logout”.
    3. Knoppix will begin shutting down.
    4. The Knoppix CD will be ejected.
    5. Remove the CD and close the tray.
    6. Press Enter on the keyboard.
    7. Knoppix will attempt to turn off the computer automatically. If it doesn't turn off automatically, it is now safe to turn off the computer yourself using the power button.

FreeBooter, Oct 6, 2020
  3. After the last Windows 10 update, the computer immediately reboots upon shutdown

After the last Windows 10 update, I believe it came though on this computer on Thursday, the computer now reboots immediately after I shut it down. I had a case file with Microsoft Friday morning and we believed that we had it fixed. But after two good shutdown
    and restarts it has started up again.

At first my mouse was locking up and not working upon rebooting and that is what Microsoft concentrated on Friday.

Today I booted up, took care of some printing jobs and then shut the computer down again. When it immediately rebooted I changed the mouse and it now works, but the computer continues to reboot. I turned off automatically restart option under startup and
    recovery in system in the control panel and it still reboots.

Any suggestions?

Thank, Linda

Linda Prad, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10

1. Computer turns itself back on immediately after shutdown -Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer turns itself

2. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  3. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown: For some time now, my computer will randomly power on in the middle of the night after a complete shutdown. I use the shutdown option from the start menu, and it is set to power off with that button in power settings.I've checked wake-on-lan settings for keyboard and mouse as...
  4. Computer turns itself on in the middle of the night after total shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  6. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  7. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC immediately boots back up/turns on, after a sleep, or shutdown.: Hello, I've know about the sleep thing for a while now. No matter what I do, if I press sleep, it'll kick back on, for any given reason. Don't know why, or how to stop it. Just recently however within the past few days, when I press shutdown, the PC immediately- and I mean...
  9. My computer turns itself back on when I close the lid after it has shutdown

My computer turns itself back on when I close the lid after it has shutdown: Hi, I own a HP Pavilion Gaming Notebook laptop for Windows 10 (HP PAV 15-AK 085NA with 64-bit). Recently my computer did an update which seemed to install correctly, but whenever I shutdown then close the lid, after a few seconds the computer turns itself back on again....
  10. PC turns itself on after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC turns itself on after shutdown: Around the time when I first setup automatic shutdown in Windows Scheduler (or what it's called in English), my PC has started turning itself back on again after shutdown in the evening. I've tried disabling the scheduled shutdown but it made no difference, and I'm not sure...