Windows 10: Computer turns off after only a few minutes

Discus and support Computer turns off after only a few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ukcatsfan83, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it doesn't wake up. . . I'm not sure what the deal is. . . Any suggestions?

:)

ukcatsfan83, Sep 17, 2015

2. Win 10 - Display turns off after a few minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Please provide the following information to assist you better:

1. Have you installed graphics drivers?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on
    troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    4. Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

Click on the below given link for additional information:

“How to create and delete a power plan”.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq

(applies to windows 10 as well)

If the issue persist, I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

2. Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance with windows. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Win 10 - Display turns off after a few minutes

The problem seems to have been resolved. There was something wrong with Win 10 that was probably caused by the November update. The problem went away after running dism. The following was run with administrator CMD.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

dclark15773, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Computer turns off after only a few minutes

1. Computer turns off after only a few minutes - Similar Threads - Computer turns off

2. Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps on freezing a few minutes after bootup: Every time I start my computer, it just freezes a few minutes later. Anyone have any idea of what I could do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-keeps-on-freezing-a-few-minutes-after/fb76aaba-d92e-49c9-8d47-130100caaa40
  3. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!: Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories...
  4. PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    PC fans turn on after a few minutes while asleep!: Hi all! I've been having a strange issue with my wife's computer for almost a year now. When the computer is put into sleep mode, after a few minutes (ranging from 10-30 minutes) the fans will turn on, keeping power usage high. The display is still blank, and all accessories...
  5. Bsod after few minutes of sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod after few minutes of sleep: Hello people my pc goes off when i want to sleep it first the monitor turn off but other hardware working till few minutes. it worked fine till last two days this is my first topic about this problem Windows 10 is not going to sleep anymore please if anyone help read...
  6. BSOD after a few minutes of idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after a few minutes of idle: After leaving my computer alone for a few minutes my computer restarts with a REGISTRY_ERROR BSOD. I have disabled ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 Critical" and ".NET Framework NGEN v4.0.30319 64 Critical" and also ran sfc/scannow with no integrity violation. I uninstalled...
  7. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Support
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  8. monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    monitor turns off after (about 10 minutes): I have tried to figure out why my monitor turns itself off after (about) 10 minutes, and can't figure out why it is doing it. When the monitor goes off I have absolutely no control. The only thing I can do is turn off the computer and power it back up. Monitor turns...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop computer wakes up after a few minutes: Not sure what is causing it. Not sure what other information you all would need apart from what I'm pasting below. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240] (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -devicequery wake_armed NONE...