Windows 10: Computer turns off after only a few minutes

Discus and support Computer turns off after only a few minutes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ukcatsfan83, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Computer turns off after only a few minutes

Ok, i can't for the life of me figure out the problem. I have my settings set to where my PC is not support to go to sleep. All the settings are set to NEVER. Yet, when i'm gone for 5-6 minutes, the computer just shuts down or something. I press buttons on my keyboard and it doesn't wake up. . . I'm not sure what the deal is. . . Any suggestions?

:)

ukcatsfan83, Sep 17, 2015

2. Win 10 - Display turns off after a few minutes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Please provide the following information to assist you better:

1. Have you installed graphics drivers?

2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Power Troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on
    troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    4. Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Change the “Power plans” settings.

A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings (like display, sleep, etc.) that manages how your PC uses power. The power plans you can use depend on the kind of PC you have.

Click on the below given link for additional information:

“How to create and delete a power plan”.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/power-plans-faq

(applies to windows 10 as well)

If the issue persist, I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

1. Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.

2. Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.

3. Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Get back to us if you need further assistance with windows. We are happy to help.

Swathi Ravichandran, Sep 17, 2015
  3. Win 10 - Display turns off after a few minutes

The problem seems to have been resolved. There was something wrong with Win 10 that was probably caused by the November update. The problem went away after running dism. The following was run with administrator CMD.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

dclark15773, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Computer turns off after only a few minutes

1. Computer turns off after only a few minutes - Similar Threads - Computer turns off

2. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  3. Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Clock Focus Timer turning itself off after a few minutes.: Been having an issue in the Clock app with the Focus Timer shutting itself off. I’ll set the timer, and about 5 minutes later it will revert back to the timer set screen. Normal timers work fine—it’s only the Focus timer. I’ve tried it on both my PC specs below and my Surface...
  4. PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly

in Windows 10 News
    PC Monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly: [ATTACH]If your PC monitor turns off after a few minutes randomly, you can follow these solutions to get rid of this problem. There could be various reasons why your computer monitor turns off automatically after a few minutes. Here we have explained some of the common causes...
  5. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  6. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet turning on and off every few minutes: Hi.I have this annoying problem that's been going on for the past 2 weeks. The internet on my laptop keeps turning on and off every few minutes, it's weird because the internet works perfectly fine on my other devices that are connected with the same router. What should I do...
  7. Internet turning on and off every few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  9. My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use

My computer keeps restarting after only a few minutes of use: I’ll be using my computer and suddenly it blue screens and displays an error message, the text of which I will paste below. “Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. 64% complete For more...
  10. My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer turns itself off after 20 minutes.: My computer turns it's self off after 20 minutes. I have gone to settings and changed the shut down times to never but it still is doing it. I've also told it to never go to sleep. It's driving me crazy....