Windows 10: Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

Discus and support Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread. As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Renascentia, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

Greetings, and thank you for reading this thread.

As the title states, my computer will turn off the display or go to sleep (not sure of correct terminology) when I go idle for a short period of time. For instance, I get up to get a glass of water and when I come back, the screensaver is up and I need to re-enter my password. This problem arose immediately after the installing of windows 10 on my PC (upgraded from Windows 8.1 if that helps).

I have already gone to control panel ~> power options but the thing is, even though I've already done that and set the options to "Never turn off display", "Never go to sleep" as shown in the screenshot, my PC still turns off display/sleeps after a short amount of time. Lastly, I hope I posted this in the right section and hope that someone can solve my problem.

:)

Renascentia, Aug 10, 2015

2. C6-01 turning off the display

When idle/sleeping, my C6-01 shows the current time on its display.

Is there a way to turn off the display completely, when the phone is idle, until I wake it up?

svarshavchik, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Why does my system go to sleep even after all sleep setting are turned off in Windows 10?

My system Keeps going into sleep mode even after all sleep setting are turned off including in advanced power settings? Has anyone experienced this issue? My display is set to turn off after 10mins and after another 15mins during idle the pc goes to sleep.

nathan5797, Aug 10, 2015
  4. robgr Win User

Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time

Are you changing the correct power plan?
    Are you using a desktop or laptop?

robgr, Aug 10, 2015
  5. Desktop, not sure what you mean by changing the correct power plan. I'm changing the plan that I'm using.

Renascentia, Aug 11, 2015
  6. Is your screensaver starting and requiring a password to resume. To turn off uncheck

Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time [​IMG]

Torquemada, Aug 11, 2015
  7. This solution worked for me! We overthought it a bit too much. Thank you Torquemada.

Renascentia, Aug 12, 2015
  8. gmopro Win User

What does that help? How do we stop the display from turning off after a minute. My settings are for 5 minutes!
    I dont use the screen saver anymore. This is so unstable! Windows 10 has had too many issues. I have tried all the troubleshooting, DISM.exe, scannow... nothing works ..it is unreliable. ...very unreliable. Doesnt do what i set it to do. Terrible.

gmopro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer turns off display/goes to sleep when idle for a short time - Similar Threads - Computer turns off

2. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?: My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-blank-when-computer-is-idle-how-do-i/2e3c1fb8-4472-4265-b6a8-d06376cc96c5
  3. screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen goes blank when computer is idle. How do I turn this off?: My screen goes blank when the computer is idle for a while. How do I turn this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-goes-blank-when-computer-is-idle-how-do-i/2e3c1fb8-4472-4265-b6a8-d06376cc96c5
  4. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I have try just about everything but I am still having the same issue as before. Microsoft does not help solve it....
  5. Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Display does not turn off when pc is idle: Dear Microsoft support center, Since the computer downloaded one of your updates, I have been having issues with my laptop computer. The screen saver mode doesn’t work, and the screen remains on when it is on idle windows 10. I have tried step by step what Microsoft...
  6. Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?

Schedule a time for computer to turn off/sleep?: Is there a setting to turn my computer off at 11pm and turn it back on at 7am? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/schedule-a-time-for-computer-to-turn-offsleep/dc0ed1e2-d3e1-4294-bba5-de602ab6b171
  7. Sleep and turn off times.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep and turn off times.: Hi, my username is , i am really, bit computr illiterate, my excuse, i'm ninty one, they never had gas operated computers in my day ! Problem, my screen turns off if i leave it a few minutes, all a little annoying,cant seem to rectify it forever logging in. Any help (in...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off

Computer goes to sleep when screen goes off: My laptop sleeps when the screen goes off regardless of the sleep time settings. I followed all the steps described in thisthread to fix it but to no avail. Perhaps a fresh reinstall of Windows would fix it? HP ENVY X360 - 13-ar0005na...
  9. Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off when computer goes to sleep: Hi everyone, This is a really small problem but I just want to get down to the cause of it. I am running windows 10 with dual monitors and every time the computer goes to sleep one of the monitors turns off and requires me to push the power button on the monitor to turn it...
  10. Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer goes into sleep or hibernation whenever idle: Yes, I have all the power settings set to stay active, but the computer goes into sleep or hibernation (I do not know which) after being idle for around 20 minutes. 34973