Windows 10: computer turns off during update

Discus and support computer turns off during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kkkkke, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Kkkkke Win User

computer turns off during update

I was trying to download windows 11 preview today and at 50% done it turned off without my touching itive had this before with updates and it allways turns off at 50% done. is there a way to fix this

:)

Kkkkke, Jun 28, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond computer turns off during update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 28, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User

Hi,

This issue might be due to changes on Settings after an update.

We would like to know some information to better isolate the problem:

• Are you using Microsoft account to sign-in into the user account?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try the steps provided below:

• Right click Start Button or press Windows key + X and select Settings.
    • In the Settings app, navigate to Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • On the Sign-in options screen, scroll down and under
      Privacy section, turn Off the Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update or restart option.
    • Close Settings app and restart the machine, check if the issue is resolved.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jun 28, 2021
  4. computer turns off during update

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 28, 2021
Thema:

computer turns off during update

1. computer turns off during update - Similar Threads - computer turns off

2. Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Turns off automatically during Windows Update: I use a Thinkpad T440p with Windows 10 on it. As the 20H2 update got released, I got notifications to install it.I tried once and it got stuck at 26%. I didn't mind it and thought that it would continue on. But after sometime when I came to check on it, it had been turned of...
  3. Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update

Laptop turns off during Windows 10 update: Split from this thread.while updating windows some error occurs. and laptop suddenly getting off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-during-windows-10-update/73888841-d431-429d-a79d-6c04e879526c
  4. Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates

Laprtop plugged in turns off during windows updates: Hello, Most of the time when my pc is updating, it reaches like 30 or 40 % . and then it turns off completly. Then i turn it on again from the power button and it continues to update to 100%. I'm trying to install the latest windows update 20H2 but it just reaches like 40...
  5. OK to turn off computer during update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OK to turn off computer during update?: Was wondering if it's OK if we turn the computer off during this process? Thanks you! submitted by /u/JoanofArc0531 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lec0z3/ok_to_turn_off_computer_during_update/
  6. Turned off during installing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned off during installing: Hi I just sold my pc to someone. The person arrived to collect but my pc still resetting. He had to wait outside my house. After 15 min the reset percentage finally reached 100% and I told him I'm packing it up then the screen changed to light blue background "installing...
  7. Computer turned off during system restore point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turned off during system restore point: i was doing system restore point but the power went off and i think windows is corrupt i can’t go in safe mode but i can go to advanced option and stuff i have tried everything in the advanced options and many command prompt commands is there a way to recover the image...
  8. Laptop turned off during an update

Laptop turned off during an update: My laptop turned off during a windows 10 update and now every time i try to turn it on, it tells me that it is reverting the changes and restarts again. It has been in a loop like this forever now, is there a way to fix this?...
  9. Turned off during recovery

Turned off during recovery: My pc, doesn't load windows after.it switched of during windows recovery, it shows a brand's logo and a blank scrensafter it doesn't show a windows logo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turned-off-during-recovery/5e1cca7c-5358-4403-93f2-d7a4fc46c4b0
  10. Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update

Windows10 laptop turned off during a forced update: I turned on my laptop by accident and then windows10 tried force updating when it booted, at the same moment I was holding the power button to turn it off again. Didn’t notice the warning sign saying “do not turn off the computer” until it was too late... I am reasonably...