Windows 10: Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Discus and support Computer turns off when going into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RetiredRon, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

I just recently started to have an issue of my computer turning off when going into sleep mode. When I turn it back on it takes over 3 minutes to come back to life. I have a copy of the event log but not sure how to post the file. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

RetiredRon, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

iTunes stops playing when the computer go to sleep

Hi Ross,

Sleep mode is designed to stop all actions on a computer as it puts the device to a low-power state. Since you want to continue using a program even while your computer is locked, we suggest turning off Sleep mode by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Choose Power & Sleep from the left pane.
    • Under Sleep, choose Never.

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode a56ef514-cf53-4631-8917-a239182dc84a.png

Let us know if you have any other concerns about your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Computer stopped going into sleep mode

Hello, Kiran.

My computer is up to date and I didn't change any settings prior or after the update

I tried step one, but I haven't wait the time required for the computer to go into sleep mode. I did change the 30 minute wait to 10 minutes. So, I'll wait and see what happens

Yan Carlos Cruz, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

Computer won't go to sleep mode if I choose to turn off screen first

Hello azorybbm,

For me to better assist you with your concern, please confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.

If your computer is running on build 1803, some users had observed that when Microsoft Edge is open or running in the background; it somehow prevents the screen from turning off or entering sleep mode. Also, try unplugging any USB peripheral devices and
    check if the same behavior occurs.

You can also try performing the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer turns off when going into sleep mode

1. Computer turns off when going into sleep mode - Similar Threads - Computer turns off

2. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  3. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode: Hi, can someone help how to turn off the sound, I mean here exactly for radio which is running on Chome, when the computer is on sleep mode, for Windows 10.The computer goes to sleep but the radio keeps playing and it is annoying.If anyone can help would be great....
  4. How to turn off sound when computer is on sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  6. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning off instead of going to sleep: Hi, so I've been having an issue for a few weeks now where when my computer should be going to sleep both manually and by going idle, it instead just shuts down. Here is a post I had made on Reddit describing the issue between the dotted...
  7. Computer turning off instead of going to sleep

8. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option for the power button to turn off the display without going to sleep. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot....
  9. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...
  10. How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off screen without going to sleep mode: I have a tablet PC running Windows on Arm version 21H2 19044.1706, and it does not have an option to turn off the display when the power button is pressed. When I am working remotely on the machine over RDP or SSH, I want to turn off the screen because it gets hot. Earlier I...