Windows 10: Computer Turns Off Without Warning

Discus and support Computer Turns Off Without Warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Thanks for your time. I've found lately that whenever my computer starts to run low on battery around 11-14%, it will just shut down entirely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 01Erika, Dec 2, 2020.

1. 01Erika Win User

Computer Turns Off Without Warning

Hello! Thanks for your time.

I've found lately that whenever my computer starts to run low on battery around 11-14%, it will just shut down entirely without warning no low battery prompt or anything, and when I immediately plug it in and turn it back on, instead of resuming where I left off as it used to do and as every laptop I've ever had used to do, it instead restarts my entire computer--dropping anything I was working on.

I've owned this laptop for almost a year now. Any thoughts on how to prevent or fix this? Again, thanks for your time!

:)

01Erika, Dec 2, 2020
  2. moskal91 Win User

NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, Dec 2, 2020
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer Turns Off Without Warning - Similar Threads - Computer Turns Off

2. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  3. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  5. Virus and Threat protection randomly turn off without warning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat protection randomly turn off without warning.: Hello, I have had to temporarily turn off windows defender several times and windows has always alerted me to it.For the past few weeks, however, the defender has been constantly turning off without me doing so. The worst part is that Windows won't warn me about it at all,...
  6. Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery: I am using a HP 15 BW531au Laptop with 4GB of RAM, AMD A6 9220 Dual Core CPU, Radeon R4 Graphics with latest drivers installed. My Laptop has started giving a issue that it turns off at 30% when on battery. I doesn't evenn give a warning, it just turns off making it difficult...
  7. PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning: A few weeks ago, my PC started turning itself off without any warning. The first time it happened, I was out of state using a laptop to control my desktop remotely. I attempted to play a game Minecraft via my remote access as I was curious how well it would handle over a...
  8. Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning: I'm including a OneDrive link to 3 minidump files (at time of posting, 2, the third is still pending sync and I'm having trouble forcing it to sync) and my system information below, but here's what I'm dealing with. I built my computer a few months ago and was plagued by...
  9. Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low: how do I turn on low battery notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off-without-warning-when-battery-is/f6218490-47bd-45f3-bd1f-25982433623f
  10. my laptop turns off everytime without any warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off everytime without any warning: I encountered a problem with my hp notebook runs on Windows 10 Pro. I noticed every time when my percentage is about 20-25%, then my laptop just turns off without anything, no warning. Then I plugged my ac adapter and turns on the laptop and then the battery percentage is...