Windows 10: Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

Discus and support Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AndriSveinsson1, May 14, 2023.

1. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even switched it to the keyboard once just to check if it was a problem with the mouse but it's not.Secondly, I've configured power settings as well and disabled allow wake timers over there.Third, event viewer doesn't provide any useful information, as to what might be causing this.Almost every time I enter hibernation, the comp

:)

AndriSveinsson1, May 14, 2023

2. Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

Bad question. Not specific enough.

Hibernate is for notebooks, not PCs. And it is important to note the OS used too. Windows 10 with DDR4 is designed take special advantage of the hybrid sleep mode. Previous versions of Windows and DDR3 don't provide the same capability.

Hybrid sleep is primarily for desktop PCs and this is what I use and recommend. With DDR4 and W10 your RAM goes into a low-voltage state and maintains much of what was in memory during the hybrid sleep period. This allows the computer to wake that much faster. Having an SSD helps too.

I never "shutdown" my computers, except to tear them down to lug outside for cleaning, or other maintenance. I never reboot, except when some update requires it.

My normal routine is to use my computers several hours every morning, then I let them go into hybrid sleep until the next morning (or whenever I need to get back on).

I have them set to turn off my displays after 10 minutes, then put the computer to sleep after 15.

For the record, I am the bottleneck when waking the computer. When I wiggle the mouse or press a key, the computer wakes immediately, as do my monitors. Then they sit and wait for me to enter my password.

Bill_Bright, May 14, 2023
  3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I took in consideration your advice about Hybrid mode.

To make it works is it just enough to activate it or do i need to do some others settings?

Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode. hybrid-mode-jpg.jpg

Knoxx29, May 14, 2023
  4. Yo_Wattup Win User

Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

sleep or hibernate

I think you have sleep and hibernate confused... sleep just puts the computer in a low power state, making resuming the session faster... hibernate shuts down the whole computer and basically just saves whats in RAM to the hdd and loads it on next startup. IIRC...

Yo_Wattup, May 14, 2023
Thema:

Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

1. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode. - Similar Threads - Computer turns itself

2. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  3. Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turns on by itself immediately after entering hibernation/sleep mode.: Yes I know this has been asked a thousand times, but unfortunately non of the guides have helped in any way, as they all provide the same useless information.First off, I've already turned off all waketimers, made it so that nothing but the mouse can wake up the pc, I even...
  4. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  5. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  6. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  7. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  8. BSOD after entering Hibernate mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after entering Hibernate mode: When I try to use hibernate mode, the system appears to hibernate at first, but the computer then blue screens with a SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error. Here is the minidump and msinfo export if needed: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsnnHJ975lu9hQ-TgAQqNGCQWlUu?e=1wdWWE...
  9. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate V2: This is just a continuation of a previous thread which was marked as too old. See BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate Had another BSOD immediately after returning from hibernate. I checked the disk again but saw no further errors so I can rule out the disk this time...
  10. BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate

BSOD immediately after sleep/hibernate: I sometimes get a failure from either Corrupt Page or Memory Management after returning from either sleep mode or hibernate. Always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142940. I wonder if it might be caused by my trying to log in too soon and the different threads running before memory...