Windows 10: Computer turns on by itself

Discus and support Computer turns on by itself in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by LtColonel Stress, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Computer turns on by itself

I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was wrong and now I'm stumped. I usually put the computer on sleep mode by the way.

:)

LtColonel Stress, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 29, 2019
  3. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 29, 2019
  4. _JP_ Win User

Computer turns on by itself

Computer Randomly Turns on From Sleep

I only saw this thread now, otherwise I would have suggested this sooner.
    I had that same problem you are having, my computer was waking-up from S3 and the culprit was my X7 mouse.
    powercfg -lastwake also listed the HID keyboard device which was an extension of the mouse.
    Besides going in device manager and setting everything to not being able to wake-up the computer from S3, I also did this to the power profiles:

Computer turns on by itself nousbwakeup.jpg

Worked for me.

Thema:

Computer turns on by itself

1. Computer turns on by itself - Similar Threads - Computer turns itself

2. Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10: Community Lately my Lenovo T14 has started to turn on sometime during the night and I can't figure out why. Its hot coming out of hibernation its turn on from having be turned off the night day before. I 've run ... C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History...
  3. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  4. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  5. computer turning itself on

computer turning itself on: Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-itself-on/2b496be9-3ddc-4c6a-9f84-f37c883a59d6
  6. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  7. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  8. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  9. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...
  10. Computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer turns on by itself: [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer turns on by itself