Windows 10: Computer turns on by itself

Discus and support Computer turns on by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nights, Nov 21, 2015.

1. nights Win User

Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself [​IMG]

It turned on from a complete shut down.

:)

nights, Nov 21, 2015
  2. MLi7 Win User

My computer turns on by itself after closing lid

Hello,

Thanks for the tips, I have done all the steps, troubleshooting for power did fix a issue with screen brightness. I will keep you posted once it does a 24hr cycle.

Version: 1511 OS Build 10586.164

Thanks

3. MLi7 Win User
    My computer turns on by itself after closing lid

Hi Guys!

My problem right now is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the computer after a very short period turns back on and continues to drain the battery. Based on my battery report, there are multiple times within a day where it turns on numerously. On 3/31
    the 15:46 is the most glaring as it is active within seconds of being suspended. The battery report generation time of 22:53 is when I actually used the computer since 15:46 so all that time in between it was on and I didn't even know.

I have a wireless mouse plugged in so I thought maybe I left it on and maybe some movement etc triggered the laptop to turn on but that wasn't the case. I also checked scheduled tasks but didn't see anything as all the tasks are not checked to override when
    in sleep mode. I used to be able to put it to sleep at night on the battery and use it in the morning. Because of this issue I plug it in every night because it always opens at 15%.

Computer Info:

BIOS
    UX305CA.201 09/11/2015

OS BUILD
    10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-1728

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Computer turns on by itself [​IMG]

4. Computer turns on by itself

DustSailor, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Computer turns on by itself

1. Computer turns on by itself - Similar Threads - Computer turns itself

2. Ethernet turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet turning on by itself: So, this is a relatively new problem, only happened once before and i ended up resetting the computer as the internet was, zero help as for the issue itself, its that The Ethernet has decided to override the wireless, so the computer will refuse to search for, display, or...
  3. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  4. desktop turn on by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop turn on by itself: why is my pc turn on by itself? please help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-turn-on-by-itself/446c51a6-f31e-45b4-98ab-42e73ab5c68b
  5. computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  6. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...
  7. Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer turns into blue screen with stripes and restarts itself?: Anyone can tell me what this is, once In a while my computer just crashes or shows this screen then restarts itself. Please view the video link: dell problem - YouTube edit: suggest category/unsure 62146
  8. Monitor turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns on by itself: Ever since I installed Win10 the monitor has been turning on by itself between 3 and 5 am every night, or 3 minutes after login after a reboot if it is off at the time. Except on days immediately after a noticeable win10 patch. It is turned off physically, not by the system....
  9. My computer randomly turns itself off

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer randomly turns itself off: Hi, I have recently upgraded to windows 10 pro from windows 7 and prior to this i have been getting BSOD and it turned out to be a faulty ram which i replaced. Now my pc runs with two different brand rams bu have same spec, ddr2 2GB 800. anyway I have my pc connected...
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...