Windows 10: Computer turns on by itself

Discus and support Computer turns on by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] It turned on from a complete shut down. 31100 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nights, Nov 21, 2015.

1. nights Win User

Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself [​IMG]

It turned on from a complete shut down.

:)

nights, Nov 21, 2015
  2. MLi7 Win User

My computer turns on by itself after closing lid

Hello,

Thanks for the tips, I have done all the steps, troubleshooting for power did fix a issue with screen brightness. I will keep you posted once it does a 24hr cycle.

Version: 1511 OS Build 10586.164

Thanks

3. MLi7 Win User
    My computer turns on by itself after closing lid

Hi Guys!

My problem right now is that when I close the lid on my laptop, the computer after a very short period turns back on and continues to drain the battery. Based on my battery report, there are multiple times within a day where it turns on numerously. On 3/31
    the 15:46 is the most glaring as it is active within seconds of being suspended. The battery report generation time of 22:53 is when I actually used the computer since 15:46 so all that time in between it was on and I didn't even know.

I have a wireless mouse plugged in so I thought maybe I left it on and maybe some movement etc triggered the laptop to turn on but that wasn't the case. I also checked scheduled tasks but didn't see anything as all the tasks are not checked to override when
    in sleep mode. I used to be able to put it to sleep at night on the battery and use it in the morning. Because of this issue I plug it in every night because it always opens at 15%.

Computer Info:

BIOS
    UX305CA.201 09/11/2015

OS BUILD
    10586.162.amd64fre.th2_release_sec.160223-1728

Any help would be most appreciated!!

Computer turns on by itself [​IMG]

4. Computer turns on by itself

DustSailor, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

Computer turns on by itself

1. Computer turns on by itself - Similar Threads - Computer turns itself

2. Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Turns on by Itself Windows 10: Community Lately my Lenovo T14 has started to turn on sometime during the night and I can't figure out why. Its hot coming out of hibernation its turn on from having be turned off the night day before. I 've run ... C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History...
  3. My computer turns itself on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer turns itself on: I have my computer set not to turn off plugged in but when I put it to sleep it turns on by itself a couple mins later. When I put it in hibernate it turns on by itself also a couple mins later is this a bug or?? submitted by /u/Yng-Swiper [link] [comments]...
  4. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  5. computer turning itself on

computer turning itself on: Hi all , is anybody out there who's computer also just turns itself on? If so how did you sort the problem ? yours brendon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-itself-on/2b496be9-3ddc-4c6a-9f84-f37c883a59d6
  6. Windows 10 computer turns itself ON

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 computer turns itself ON: I have a new to me refurbished (from Amazon) Dell Optiplex 9020 desktop with Windows 10. Attached to it are a Dell SE2719H monitor, Logitech Trackball, Brother Laser Printer, and Linksys Router. Everything seems to work fine, except ... In the evening, I turn it OFF at...
  7. Computer turns on by itself

Computer turns on by itself: I just got a new computer a few days ago and three times now its turned on around 6 AM, I know this because the fan I have plugged into it starts when its on and around that time it started going and the computer was still closed. I thought it was the active hours but I was...
  8. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  9. computer turns itself on

computer turns itself on: finding computer on when no one has touched it for weeks - happening a couple days in a row -no cortana, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turns-itself-on/7cae53a3-a974-48f6-a83b-127fc53f7475"
  10. Windows 10 computer turns on by itself

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 computer turns on by itself: [ATTACH] A computer turning on all by itself randomly can be very annoying. I have faced this situation multiple numbers of times, and I had to make sure to turn the switch off, so there is no chance of it turning [...] This post Windows 10 computer turns on by itself is...