Windows 10: Computer typing buttons pressed before on its own. How can I fix this?

Discus and support Computer typing buttons pressed before on its own. How can I fix this? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't exactly know what category this issue falls under but my computer has been having some technical issues with the keyboard. I'm on PC using... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karim-J, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Karim-J Win User

Computer typing buttons pressed before on its own. How can I fix this?

I don't exactly know what category this issue falls under but my computer has been having some technical issues with the keyboard. I'm on PC using Windows software, and when I'm gaming or doing my school work, my computer would randomly type on its own, it usually ends up typing buttons that I type, for example when I am playing games, and this problem occurs it would end up typing random segments of W, A, S, D, and Space. I'm using a wireless Logitech G915 with a Logitech G502 Lightspeed mouse. This issue seems to happen at random and I don't know what makes it happen. The only way I can

:)

Karim-J, Aug 18, 2021

2. Keyboard refreshs button automatically presses

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that resolves the issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run System File Checker, which will check your system for missing, corrupt or damaged files and attempt to fix them.

Please refer the article on “How to run System File Checker” and check if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-gb

Method 2:

DISM:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 18, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Start button and search don't work

Hi Tigran,

I would suggest that you run the SFC scan and check if it helps. Follow the steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Choose "Command Prompt (Admin)"
    • Type " sfc /scannow" (Without quotes)
    • Press Enter.
    Let us know if it helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 18, 2021
  4. Arctucas Win User

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Aug 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer typing buttons pressed before on its own. How can I fix this? - Similar Threads - Computer typing buttons

2. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?: When I press Volume Up it activates the C key and when I press the Volume Down button it activates B key... It's really annoying to play games with this sooo, could I get some answers on how to fix this?...
  3. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?: When I press Volume Up it activates the C key and when I press the Volume Down button it activates B key... It's really annoying to play games with this sooo, could I get some answers on how to fix this?...
  4. How do I fix volume buttons pressing other buttons?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  6. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  7. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing on its own: My laptop keyboard is typing * on its own. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/0d082fc5-9252-49e2-8b62-192404cf0098
  8. the colors on my computer invert but not by pressing any buttons on their own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the colors on my computer invert but not by pressing any buttons on their own: my computer has done this since i got it. we can be in the middle of trying to complete the kdis school work in google docs or watching a video in another program for their since stuff or if the screen saver goes on it will all of a sudden change the colors on the screen to...
  9. keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly: My keyboard starts typing "*" on its own repeatedly until you press any key. Initially it was only in excel and word but now it is happening everywhere you can type, including search boxes...
  10. Laptop pressing its own keys

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop pressing its own keys: Hello, I've recently received a new laptop for school. When I use it, I usually just slam the lid down and shove it into my backpack. In the past few weeks, I've noticed that when I'd get home and open up my laptop, all the keys have been pressed and there's...