Windows 10: Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed.

Discus and support Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is still happening, which is making this difficult to type. It's not my keyboard, its something installed. But I don't know how to get rid of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ErrorRocket, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed.

This is still happening, which is making this difficult to type. It's not my keyboard, its something installed. But I don't know how to get rid of it. I went into recovery settings and went into command prompt, and this did not occur. What could be going on?

:)

ErrorRocket, Apr 23, 2020

2. A beep sound when my 'p' key is pressed

Hi Will,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know, is this issue is specific to P key on your keyboard?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still, try the below method.

Method 2.

Let’s try uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device manger.

• Click on Keyboard and expand it.

• Right click on the driver and uninstall it.
    • Once you are done uninstalling the driver restart he computer. It will automatically reinstall the keyboard generic driver.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Annnop Win User
    pressing "p" key opens volume control - cannot type the letter p!

As above - for the past couple of days I cannot type the letter p (upper or lower case) - pressing the key opens volume control. I have to copy and paste the letter just to type the letter p...

More than annoying! Have googled to no avail. How can I get my p back?

thanks!

Ann

Annnop, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Annnop Win User

Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed.

pressing "p" key opens volume control - cannot type the letter p!

Sadly, neither of your suggestions worked - and I still can't type the letter p...thanks anyway!

Annnop, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed.

1. Computer typing "pppp[" whenever the p key is pressed. - Similar Threads - Computer typing pppp

2. My computer types out 00 whenever i press ctrl

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer types out 00 whenever i press ctrl: So I have never had this issue before, I left my computer on because i had to go do something and all of a sudden pressing ctrl results in typing a bunch of zero's this is very annoying, I am on a lenovo PC if that helps with anything and I have tried replugging it and...
  3. My computer types out 00 whenever i press ctrl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer types out 00 whenever i press ctrl: So I have never had this issue before, I left my computer on because i had to go do something and all of a sudden pressing ctrl results in typing a bunch of zero's this is very annoying, I am on a lenovo PC if that helps with anything and I have tried replugging it and...
  4. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  5. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =": Whenever i press alt key it types "2 =". I have tried troubleshooting but it doesnt work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-alt-key-it-types-2/0174c146-689d-4393-85a0-176cdc955393
  6. Whenever i press alt key it types "2 ="

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  8. Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.

Computer freezes whenever i press certain keys.: Every time I play any game or anytime i am doing my homework on my computer, some keys that I press cause the screen to freeze completely. Hell, honestly i think it freezes the whole pc. the keys could vary as:ShiftCtrlEscBackspace123ive tried deleting things that take up...
  9. Win p key pressed

in Windows 10 Support
    Win p key pressed: I have 3 monitors. My nephew was sitting at my pc and he said that he pressed the "WIN P" keys while playing a game on the computer. Now I am only able to use the first monitor. The other 2 have black screens and I am unable to access them. If I go to settings and go to...
  10. Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I press one key it types in a random key please help: Whenever I press any key on my keyboard it types something random like when I try to delete a word it places a new word I think it’s a virus and when I restart it it says someone is in my pc PLEASE HELP...