Windows 10: Computer UAC password request setup?

Discus and support Computer UAC password request setup? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vincentbruss26, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Computer UAC password request setup?

How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer.

:)

vincentbruss26, Aug 1, 2020

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Computer UAC password request setup?

UAC makes my computer worthless

1. Yes, one problem is that the 'admin prompt' is stopping you because its Yes button is greyed out.
    2. at which step of the Fix... TenForums Tutorials procedure are you being stopped? What is happening / failing to happen?
    Whenever I get to the earliest step where I try to download any MS tool, the UAC steps in and asks for admin pw.
    3. The UAC box I see displayed is similar in appearance to the 3 UAC boxes in your reply but not quite the same. All the boxes have a fill in for the admin password.

Greenbait44, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer UAC password request setup?

1. Computer UAC password request setup? - Similar Threads - Computer UAC password

2. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup: I have a windows 10 upgraded from windows7 asking for a password to get past the login screenI have never setup a password on this machineIt is a local machine.I have spoken to 5 different tech support people but they say this is not repairable.Their response is to do a clean...
  3. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup: I have a windows 10 upgraded from windows7 asking for a password to get past the login screenI have never setup a password on this machineIt is a local machine.I have spoken to 5 different tech support people but they say this is not repairable.Their response is to do a clean...
  4. windows 10 requesting password when none has been setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. UAC Password Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Password Prompt: Hello!Now, in my system, when i try to modify it or run an program with administrative rights, it only shows an Yes or No prompt. I want to make it prompt asking for the user password.Is it possible?...
  6. Password request

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Password request: MS keeps asking for my password every 2-3 minutes!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/8e8225c2-d7df-4b39-ac1e-8b21ede43707
  7. Forgotten UAC Password.

Forgotten UAC Password.: Good morning. I forgot my UAC Password. Could I bypass it so I can log in or if not what could I do? I have tried Microsoft Chat for help numerous times over the past 3 weeks but have not been successful in connecting with someone who is familiar enough with Windows to...
  8. Password request

Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"
  9. Windows Setup Issue with UAC

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Setup Issue with UAC: I have an issue with error message coming up when I try to open Edge [img] I believe this is caused by setting up my laptop as me as the only with administrator rights. I have set the setting below because I cannot live with the constant messages every time I open an...
  10. UAC Problems and Password Recovery

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Problems and Password Recovery: I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give...