Windows 10: Computer UAC password request setup?

Discus and support Computer UAC password request setup? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by vincentbruss26, Aug 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM.

1. Computer UAC password request setup?

How to set up the password prompt in the UAC, so that if someone wants to install something, they have to enter the password from my computer.

:)

vincentbruss26, Aug 1, 2020 at 7:54 AM

2. Any way to enable an admin password for UAC in windows 10?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button.
    • Then type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings.

• Do one of the following:
    • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off.
    • To turn on UAC, move the slider to choose when you want to be notified, and then click
      OK. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM
  4. Computer UAC password request setup?

UAC makes my computer worthless

1. Yes, one problem is that the 'admin prompt' is stopping you because its Yes button is greyed out.
    2. at which step of the Fix... TenForums Tutorials procedure are you being stopped? What is happening / failing to happen?
    Whenever I get to the earliest step where I try to download any MS tool, the UAC steps in and asks for admin pw.
    3. The UAC box I see displayed is similar in appearance to the 3 UAC boxes in your reply but not quite the same. All the boxes have a fill in for the admin password.

Greenbait44, Aug 1, 2020 at 8:01 AM
Thema:

Computer UAC password request setup?

1. Computer UAC password request setup? - Similar Threads - Computer UAC password

2. uac username and password not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    uac username and password not working: Hello I have windows 10 professional version 1909 installed on my computer. The computer is not connected to a domain. I would like to make the uac prompt for credentials for my administrator account with the username and password. I had this setup before with windows 10...
  3. UAC not accepting known correct password

UAC not accepting known correct password: Hello, We are a small cloud hosting provider with several separate Remote Desktop Services deployments under management. Recently, I have experienced odd UAC behavior. To put it simply, UAC is wrong. It will not accept a password that is without question correct, confirmed...
  4. Password request

Password request: I have a laptop which uses Windows 10. It is so irritating to be asked for a password EVERY time I open the laptop. Does anyone know how I can disable this function https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/password-request/4501d09e-8438-4042-9e4a-bac26c5d1c45"
  5. request to reverify my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    request to reverify my password: I'll go into Microsoft solitaire suite to play games, and I get a message that says I need to verify my password as I will have access to sensitive data, or something to that effect. If I actually enter my password in the pop-up window, then I have to choose text or call in...
  6. Windows Setup Issue with UAC

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Setup Issue with UAC: I have an issue with error message coming up when I try to open Edge [img] I believe this is caused by setting up my laptop as me as the only with administrator rights. I have set the setting below because I cannot live with the constant messages every time I open an...
  7. UAC Problems and Password Recovery

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Problems and Password Recovery: I must have inadvertently messed something up in Windows 10 UAC, I can log in with the User account password, but when I try to open some programs, install, or uninstall, or change anything in the UAC in Control Panel, it takes me to the UAC prompt screen to give...
  8. Administrator password forgot,UAC problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator password forgot,UAC problem: So,i had windows 7 and i had an admin account there with a password that i forgot.I've installed windows 10 and my administrator account was working but a few weeks ago i've logged in with local account cause with administrator didn't let me to install spotify,so i was...
  9. No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

in Windows 10 Support
    No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request: I am trying to enter my serial number for AVG but I cannot get the program to proceed, I get an error message every time, the more info link leads to: http://www.avg.com/us-en/app-issue?A...err=-536805284 which tells me that it requires UAC elevation. Except it will not...
  10. Change Administrator Password - Made Mistake in Computer Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Administrator Password - Made Mistake in Computer Setup: Bought a new HP Desktop computer and made a mistake when setting up my Microsoft account with my email. Can't seem to get in to edit the "administrator's" password. How can I correct? 32668