Windows 10: Computer unable to restart.

Discus and support Computer unable to restart. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kieran C, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Kieran C Win User

Computer unable to restart.

Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I am stuck on the company logo and I have to turn off the power and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the computer operational again. Any idea's on how to fix this?

:)

Kieran C, Mar 18, 2023

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 18, 2023
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Computer unable to restart.

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Computer unable to restart.

1. Computer unable to restart. - Similar Threads - Computer unable restart

2. Pc unable to restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc unable to restart: Pc unable to restartAnd it's try to restart again and again. please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-unable-to-restart/e733e7c6-0ed1-43a3-9c0a-86cfbe4a55b6
  3. Pc unable to restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc unable to restart: Pc unable to restartAnd it's try to restart again and again. please help me out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-unable-to-restart/e733e7c6-0ed1-43a3-9c0a-86cfbe4a55b6
  4. Computer unable to restart.

Computer unable to restart.: Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I am stuck on the company logo and I have to turn off the power and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the computer...
  5. Computer unable to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer unable to restart.: Hi! Recently my computer has been acting up and I can't quite find the issue of why. Every time I restart the PC or update the PC the PC won't boot I am stuck on the company logo and I have to turn off the power and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the computer...
  6. Computer restarts

Computer restarts: Every time I launch a game my computer restarts. I've reinstalled drivers, I've reinstalled the game and I've safeboot my pc. None of these work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarts/be5af17a-95b3-43c2-8250-5651e46ad371
  7. restart computer

restart computer: Hi my computer is not opening that it says needs to restart because of stop code https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restart-computer/03244dca-de52-49b7-95be-5f7c98e4bc1e
  8. Restarting computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restarting computer: I am trying to update my computer but It wont clear all storage so I can restart my pc. but I cant because I don't have enough space to get rid of space. I don't know why it wont let me, does anyone know how can start my computer all over without going through all of this....
  9. Unable to restart laptop

Unable to restart laptop: Norton Utilities installed for several months. Runs daily. Suggested repair disk. Ran disk repair. States unable to complete automatic repair. Suggested restart computer. Ran reboot but laptop will not restart. States "stop code" error. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED...
  10. unable to restart pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to restart pc: so im trying to restart my pc (acer aspire e5-575g-50gd) I have tried it 5 times always says the windows failed to reset any idea what I can do to fix this...