Windows 10: Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

Discus and support Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was watching some videos when the computer just unexpectedly restarted without warning. No error message, no nothing. Specs: Win10 Pro - Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Digit00, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Digit00 Win User

Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

I was watching some videos when the computer just unexpectedly restarted without warning. No error message, no nothing.

Specs: Win10 Pro - Intel i7-6700 3.4gHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB VRAM - 16GB RAM - 250GB SSD OS - 3TB HDD

I've been running into this issue a lot recently. Sometimes it would just shutdown as if power outage without warning and I could boot the PC back up as if everything was fine and nothing have happened. The computer isn't overheating, I've been monitoring the temperatures and they don't ever go above 70C. Could it be loose connections?

Here's the details of the event:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>8</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2021-01-19T04:14:11.9496500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>12776</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Duragung</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">5</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
    <Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

Digit00, Jan 18, 2021
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning.

1. Computer unexpectedly restarted without warning. - Similar Threads - Computer unexpectedly restarted

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer keeps restarting without warning.

Computer keeps restarting without warning.: Hi, a week ago my computer started to restart without warning and i didnt know what to do, i tried everything i could, i use sfc /scannow and DISM there were no corrupted files. i have tried to uninstall latest windows updates but they just reinstalled themselves as if...
  6. Computer randomly restarts without warning.

Computer randomly restarts without warning.: My computer restarts unexpectedly every few minutes. If I don't manage to force shutdown by holding down my desktop power button, then it will go into a loop where it starts up, attempts an automatic repair, blackscreens while the tower is still runningall peripherals...
  7. Restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting without warning: Sometimes when just watching a video on youtube, my Pc will restart. No blue screen, no errors. Where should I look to find out whats causing it? I'm pretty sure its not overheating because the temps average out at 40 celcius for gpu and cpu, well below their max. submitted...
  8. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  9. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...